Options

Comments

• MrKirk
    MrKirk Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post
    edited 10 March 2020 at 10:35AM
    Options
    Alexland said:
    The whole point of P2P is that you are taking capital risk hoping to get an enhanced return. Their security and assurances are worth close to zero when they go bust so assume 100% of your money could be lost and consider if running this risk is really worth the higher interest rates.
    Yes, I understand you
    Perhaps I did not put it right. I would like to find p2p sites that provide real estate loans, secured loans. As an example, relendex
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,668 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 10 March 2020 at 10:46AM
    Options
    Another is Kuflink who often run good new customer offers and returned my money with growth as promised.

I can't really vouch for any of them as the whole P2P market looks flawed, marketing high risk investments as almost cash equivalent products and now considering the deteriorating economic outlook.
  • MrKirk
    Options
    Alexland said:
    Another is Kuflink who often run good new customer offers and returned my money with growth as promised.

I can't really vouch for any of them as the whole P2P market looks flawed, marketing high risk investments as almost cash equivalent products and now considering the deteriorating economic outlook.
    Thank you very much for the information.
    Indeed, in today's market conditions it is very difficult to find worthy investment instruments.
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,668 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 10 March 2020 at 11:31AM
    Options
    MrKirk said:
    Indeed, in today's market conditions it is very difficult to find worthy investment instruments.
    The stock market is running a "nearly 20% off discount" at the moment where the maximum capital loss of a diversified S&S portfolio is significantly less than with P2P. Regardless of what happens in the next few months I consider it a very worthy long term investment opportunity especially when combined with advantageous tax wrappers such as LISAs and Pensions.
  • shoi
    shoi Posts: 167 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    MrKirk said:
    ... I would like to find p2p sites that provide real estate loans, secured loans. As an example, relendex
    I suggest you join p2pindependentforum.com  and or p2pfrank.com    There you will find a board for each platform

• keyboardworrier
    Options
    Withdrawals from the Assetz Capital Access Accounts have been restricted for the first time.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,494 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Withdrawals from the Assetz Capital Access Accounts have been restricted for the first time.
    Interesting, I've got a couple of queued withdrawals from the 90DAA supposed to be happening before the end of the month. Puts all those emails I've been getting from P2P companies tempting me to invest more money for the "stable" returns (unlike those nasty equities) into context.
  • Shedman
    Shedman Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    We put in withdrawal instructions yesterday to take out the bulk of our monies from the Quick Access account yesterday evening and received email confirming withdrawal request.  Not had any emails today to say it's being held so fingers crossed it's being processed (be the first thing that's gone right for a while if I got that timing right  :D)
  • drphila
    drphila Posts: 290 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    masonic said:
    Interesting, I've got a couple of queued withdrawals from the 90DAA supposed to be happening before the end of the month. Puts all those emails I've been getting from P2P companies tempting me to invest more money for the "stable" returns (unlike those nasty equities) into context.
    AC's representative on the p2pindie forum has confirmed that:

"..... queued withdrawals from the notice accounts will enter the QAA withdrawal queue when they mature.  They will then sit in that queue waiting their turn until sufficient cash is available to move them to the cash account."

• keyboardworrier
    Options
    masonic said:

I know you were joking about the nasty equities but give me those any day over P2P which has become bargepole territory for me now!!

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback