Monument Credit Card

Options

Comments

• shoe_2
    shoe_2 Posts: 141 Forumite
    Options
    Well I Now have a court date st for 14th sep yepee
    its still a very long time off i now have a date set in my head !
    Dont no what i have to provide to the courts as yet i have just telephoned my local court and they said a letter would be sent out today !
    Hows things for you Wiggynut ???
  • shoe_2
    Options
    :confused: Well I Now have a court date st for 14th sep yepee
    Dont no what i have to provide to the courts as yet i have just telephoned my local court and they said a letter would be sent out today !
  • Wiggynut
    Wiggynut Posts: 1,039 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    :mad:
    shoe wrote: »
    :confused: Well I Now have a court date st for 14th sep yepee

3 months away??!??!??!?! :eek: That's terrible. My god I was hoping this wasn't going to take more than 6 months but it looks like it will... 3 years of rubbish from Monument and now this wait!!!
    I've not heard on any other forums that they have had to wait such a long time for a court date or that it's 3 months later!
    I'm dreading to know when mine is? before or after Christmas!? :o
    I suppose that so many people are re-claiming their charges that we now have to wait such a long time. Hopefully London is not worse than Manchester!!!
    I've not heard anything... I looked up Bromley County Court number so I will call them tomorrow but I'm dreading the answer.
    They might surprise me and say it's in July..... 2010! :D
    Good luck... I'll post up the date when ever I get one.
    Light bulb moment April 07: [strike]£3,655 [/strike] Oct 07: [strike]£2,220[/strike] now 0 - 3 years of Uni debt to be added at a later date :o:D
    now at Uni as a Mature student -update: now has a First Class BA!
  • shoe_2
    Options
    Wiggynut wrote: »
    :mad:

3 months away??!??!??!?! :eek: That's terrible. My god I was hoping this wasn't going to take more than 6 months but it looks like it will... 3 years of rubbish from Monument and now this wait!!!
    I've not heard on any other forums that they have had to wait such a long time for a court date or that it's 3 months later!
    I'm dreading to know when mine is? before or after Christmas!? :o
    I suppose that so many people are re-claiming their charges that we now have to wait such a long time. Hopefully London is not worse than Manchester!!!
    I've not heard anything... I looked up Bromley County Court number so I will call them tomorrow but I'm dreading the answer.
    They might surprise me and say it's in July..... 2010! :D
    Good luck... I'll post up the date when ever I get one.
    Hi Wiggynut
    chill matey your time will come i am sure :rolleyes:
    your time will come against Monument i am sure .
    i just want to get rid of these once anf for all!!!!!!!!!!!
    you have gone this far your time will come :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    keep me up dated x;)
  • Wiggynut
    First Post
    Options
    ncdbarton wrote: »
    Monument are the next name on my ever growing list of Banks to write to.

I'm holding back at the moment as i've just processed an on-line court request with the HALIFAX and i'm interested to see how this pans out first, 'or' should i be moving on to the next battle now?

apparently Monument are one of the worst to tackle... they take the longest too... I started this in February!

I would ask for statements now - you might as well get the ball rolling.
    Did you get the letter saying they have been taken over.. I have no idea if this will affect new or old claims.. .but if I were you I would start anyway.

I was going to wait until my monument claim was finished to start the claim against capital but then I would have to wait until September and why drag this process out any longer. I will now be starting the court process for capital on Tuesday!

good luck
    Light bulb moment April 07: [strike]£3,655 [/strike] Oct 07: [strike]£2,220[/strike] now 0 - 3 years of Uni debt to be added at a later date :o:D
  • ncdbarton
    ncdbarton Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Wiggynut - I have to agree so my letter is now typed out and will be posted tonight.

I read in a previous thread the nightmare story of some poor sole who was asked to 'explain' every charge they were claiming !! :mad: I hope the court has a lot of time on its hands as i'm claiming over £3000 from the Halifax and for that kind of money i'll happly give them every sordid detail. :cool:
  • Wiggynut
    First Post
    Options
    ncdbarton wrote: »
    Wiggynut - I have to agree so my letter is now typed out and will be posted tonight.

I read in a previous thread the nightmare story of some poor sole who was asked to 'explain' every charge they were claiming !! :mad: I hope the court has a lot of time on its hands as i'm claiming over £3000 from the Halifax and for that kind of money i'll happly give them every sordid detail. :cool:

blimey!! I couldn't explain every charge... It's not up to me that Monument charged me £90 for a two date late payment! or why they didn't sent me statements for over a year despite 22 letters sent asking for them! and why did their customer services say I was under my limit when it turned out (when I finally got the statements two and half years later) that I wasn't!??! and why does the annual charge get taken twice a year???

I would like them to explain it though.. but I know that they probably would be able to speak a lot of words with no actual content... similar to an MP!

I've heard that most banks are paying a week before the actual court date... I guess they can't appear at every one and (fingers crossed) they don't choose me as a random target! :eek:

PS: no post today.. and make sure you send it recorded delivery!
  • shoe_2
    Options
    Wiggynut wrote: »
    Hi Shoe

I just got my date!

6th September 2007.
    Just before yours! I was worried that it would be weeks after yours. and I want this over with asap, as I'm sure you do to.

well... other people have said they pay up a week before the court date so that means in 8/9 weeks time it will all be over... fingers crossed :D
    I'll start putting some money to the side to pay off the remaining balance approx: £150.. the amount hasn't gone down in 2.5 years despite making big extra payments and I'm not paying the minimum each month either.

will not be taking out another dodgy credit card... it was only suppose to be used for 6 months then closed! that was 3 years ago!

oooooh... soon be over.. can't wait :D:D :j :j :j :j :j :T
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Well done wiggynut
    at least you now no the end is near i will be so so glad when it all comes to a end..
    on the same day 30 min after this claim i should be at the same court for charges for Lloyds tsb..i hope they both settle prior to the court date for us both..:rolleyes:
    well good luck and keep me up dated:j :j
  • Wiggynut
    First Post
    Options
    shoe wrote: »
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Well done wiggynut
    at least you now no the end is near i will be so so glad when it all comes to a end..
    on the same day 30 min after this claim i should be at the same court for charges for Lloyds tsb..i hope they both settle prior to the court date for us both..:rolleyes:
    well good luck and keep me up dated:j :j

wow... you will be having a double celebration!

I have a nationwide claim going through too... just sent a letter back to the court saying I was accepting the partial refund but continuing the court claim. Not heard about a court date yet.
    It's nice to actually be moving along now... but coming to a (successful) stop will be nicer! :D
  • shoe_2
    Options
    Hi wiggynut
    i have still not heard out direct from monument ...
    but i wanted to let you know Lloyds tsb have paid up today OMG:eek:
    So fingers crossed Moument not to far behind.x
    fingers crossed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills