Monument Credit Card

Options

Comments

• Wiggynut
    Wiggynut Posts: 1,039 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    tifo wrote: »
    what about the people like me who already requested the charges before the sale and Monument wasted time by saying 'we will get back to you'?

my case is with the Ombudsman and even they can't get an answer out of Monument.

I started my claim back in February - before the change over - I have no idea if that affects the claims or not!

you had letters saying 'we will get back to you'... they ignored my 22 letters completely for two years!! then I started the charges reclaim and they have only said no into two letters and that's it!

They don't seen to relise that the contract you sign is suppose to work for both sides not just theirs!

I would say just keep going and following the normal route as listed on this site... if they do lose the test case or they have to give back the difference of the £12 charge then at least you are head of the queue and you will only be able to claim back from 6 years from the date you log the court date - sooner the better.

I will be annoyed if I only get half the money back as I wouldn't have had any charges if they had sent me statments and not lied to me on the phone (I was asking for my balance) saying I was under the limit - they added two annual charges to my account so it went over without my knowledge! It took them two years to send copies of my statements that they should have sent me anyway!!! grrrrr... I suppose half is better than none and I could get rid of this card - never going to any barclays products again! (why did I have a monument card anyway... I had very good credit rating when I got it! doh!)

keep going and good luck
    Light bulb moment April 07: [strike]£3,655 [/strike] Oct 07: [strike]£2,220[/strike] now 0 - 3 years of Uni debt to be added at a later date :o:D
    now at Uni as a Mature student -update: now has a First Class BA!
  • Wiggynut
    First Post
    Options
    :T:T:T:T:T:T:j:j:j:jneed more smilies!!!! :D :beer:

Just got home and opened a letter from Barclays - Monument and it says they don't agree but time & cost is not worth it so they are refunding the money!
    finally ... 3 years of fighting them - 22 letters, put the phone down on me - I only asked why I was over when they had told me I was under my limit!!!???

£651.83 including interest & court cost! only owe them £80 which I will be scrapping together and paying in the next couple of weeks... and goodbye monument card :j:j:j:j:j

after hearing about another persons who went to court which resulted in a 'stay' I was not hopeful and my court date was for the 6th September - next week... I've never been to court and was bloody scared!

Thanks to all for your help and for others still waiting I hope you get the same result! I'm so chuffed I practically skipped about (I'm not the skippy type! :p).... really needed this - had a lot of bad luck recently too so I'm very happy just in case you havn't noticed!!

good luck all! chin up! :beer:
    Light bulb moment April 07: [strike]£3,655 [/strike] Oct 07: [strike]£2,220[/strike] now 0 - 3 years of Uni debt to be added at a later date :o:D
  • suzialwaysbroke
    Options
    What fantasic news Wiggynut, many ,many congratulations.
    I have claimed £165 from Monument plus £35 interest, they have sent a cheque for £73, I shall accept as part payment & pursue for the rest, your posts are VERY encouraging!
  • Toby_dog_2
    Options
    Nice to see some success against monument.
    I too am in the same boat, I started my claim against them back in February. Due in court next week (18th September). To say that i am worried is an understatement!!
    Can someone point me in the right direction about what I need to take with me, apart from the statements and letters of corrospondence? I too, have never been in court, and have no idea what to expect!
  • Wiggynut
    First Post
    Options
    Toby_dog wrote: »
    Nice to see some success against monument.
    I too am in the same boat, I started my claim against them back in February. Due in court next week (18th September). To say that i am worried is an understatement!!
    Can someone point me in the right direction about what I need to take with me, apart from the statements and letters of corrospondence? I too, have never been in court, and have no idea what to expect!

are you on the GAG site too? There's a poster who has a court date for the 18th as well.. I replied (my 'name' is runnycustard on that one - I use this one mostly) but I got my letter on Friday 31st August ... the court date was for teh 6th Sept... I faxed the letter back and sent a hard copy recorded delivery (just in case) and they refunded the money within a couple of days... I paid the last £70 and no owe them NOTHING!!!! yay!
    good luck... hope you get it!
    I've only heard of one person getting a 'stay' but that was the judges personal call so hopefully that wont apply to anyone else!

good luck!
    :beer:
  • Toby_dog_2
    Options
    Hi Wiggynut
    yes that was me on the other thread saying well done to runnycustard (which must of been you of course!)
    Hopefully all will go well next week - but I havent heard anything from anyone since I got my court date, which was back in March! redface.gif
  • shoe_2
    shoe_2 Posts: 141 Forumite
    Options
    :j :j :j :j :j :j :j
    Hi Wiggynut & CO
    I HAVE ONLY GONE AND BEAT MOUNMENT !!!!!!!!!
    My court date was for 2day but they telephoned me yesterday and offred me the full lot 795.00
    blow me down:j :j
    this as been dragging from jan 07 OMG...
    WELL thanks for all your help i just owe them £100.00 now so i shall pay that off on pay day....
  • Wiggynut
    First Post
    Options
    shoe wrote: »
    :j :j :j :j :j :j :j
    Hi Wiggynut & CO
    I HAVE ONLY GONE AND BEAT MOUNMENT !!!!!!!!!
    My court date was for 2day but they telephoned me yesterday and offred me the full lot 795.00
    blow me down:j :j
    this as been dragging from jan 07 OMG...
    WELL thanks for all your help i just owe them £100.00 now so i shall pay that off on pay day....

:T:T:T:T:T:T YAY!!! well done :beer:

I thought your court date was the day after mind (mine was the 6th Sept) and perhaps you had a 'stay' put on it - then hid under your duvet.. I know I would... I was getting rather scared as I'm the type that looks guilty walking past a copper! :o stand in court noooooo :eek:

I've recently paid off the balance... I'd just paid the monthly £25 and had just £77 left to pay.. I've paid it which leaves me skint for the rest of the month but it's worth it... didn't want anymore interest or some other mysterious charge added!
    It's now £0... it's gone for ever... woohoooooo!

I'm glad you won! :beer:

Tobydog: looks like you will get the same response... fingers crossed!
    me and Shoe never heard anything after getting the court date either... just a surprise letter 5 days before!

Actually I couldn't get through to the court so I faxed them... don't know if they got it... kept trying to call but kept saying they were closed - suppose to be 9-5pm but I was ringing most of the day!! finally got through on the day and said I've tried calling and faxing - the guy who sounded sooo not interested said it was too late!?!??! but if neither one turns up what happens?? knowing my luck I'll get charged! :eek: hope not! but what do you do if no one answers the phone?
  • Toby_dog_2
    Options
    Well done shoe. I am in court Tuesday coming (18th), postie has been and gone for today - I was hoping for a letter, but it never arrived!!!
    Seeing your message today has still given me hope though.
    Again - A big well doneaction-smiley-033.gif
  • shoe_2
    shoe_2 Posts: 141 Forumite
    Options
    :rolleyes: Hi Toby-dog
    i am sure you will get it settled me and wiggynut have gone through the same process....
    have you got a contact tel num for the legal team that is dealing with it ?
    i heard nothing at all until the day before....
    this was the guys contact that dealt with mine 0207 1167737 hope this helps give him a ring and ask if he is dealing with it ???

Wiggynut,
    i am so so pleased its over :j :j
    never again will i get in that situation with Monument they are a bad bad companey to deal with..and it just shows they will take it to the bitter end...but we won yepeeeeee:j :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure