PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

moneysaving old style badge?

Options

Comments

• MATH
    MATH Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    OOOHHHHHH I love this idea. Like a secret society I feel all famous fivey in a Mallory Towers sort of way. May pass on the jaunty dishcloth neckerchief tho.

LOL at the bodies posts. It's a bit of a standing joke with Mrs MATH and I. One evening during of courting days when I wasn't paying attention and Mrs MATH was taking advantage and trying to womanhandle me she almost split me difference by pulling up what she thought was an common garden T shirt but was actually a body for Men (yes they did make them and some fashion victim types did buy them):o It was five more years before we were able to have children:eek:
    Life's a beach! Take your shoes off and feel the sand between your toes.
  • moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Now it's Math's turn!! You wait, my wine just hit the screen :(
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • MATH
    MATH Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SORRY :rotfl: I keep a vinegar soaked rag by my mouse mat a: as ao Ol'Style security blanket and b: to wipe off all vdu splatters brought on by PMSL-ing
    Life's a beach! Take your shoes off and feel the sand between your toes.
  • foreverskint
    foreverskint Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    ohh remember many times staggering about drunk in a toilet cubicle drunk, trying to do up a body whilst wearing too high stilleto shoes. it was like some gymnastic excercise, crashing into the cubicle walls. Nobidy ever asked if you were o.k 'cos they were all crashing about in their cubicles too.
  • chinagirl
    chinagirl Posts: 875 Forumite
    Options
    How about a slogan? "Tight and Proud"
    keep smiling,
    chinagirl x
  • Curry_Queen
    Curry_Queen Posts: 5,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    moggins wrote:
    Now it's Math's turn!! You wait, my wine just hit the screen :(

:rotfl: Mine too!!! ... and the keyboard!!! :eek:

Hope I don't have to add this one to the evergrowing pile festering in the corner that previously suffered similar fates with alcoholic beverages :p
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• moggins
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We really ought to charge him for criminal waste of a precious beverage :D

When you're trying to save money wine is a precious commodity (until I start making my own that is)

• Curry_Queen
    Curry_Queen Posts: 5,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Too true!!!! ... at least it's one of the discounted bottles from Tesco though ;)
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• Ticklemouse
    Ticklemouse Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    LOL - just back from gathering my necessities for an evening of Ol' style reading - food, wine, vinegar soaked cloth. You'll all be pleased to know, I'm sure, that I didn't waste my wine, but had a very close call with a plate full of beef and veg curry (slow-cookered and frozen, ready for lazy nights like this,of course) :)

MATH - the only other man I ever heard of who wears (still to this day) body type garments, is Neil Diamond! Is there something you want to share with us? And how's your chair, BTW.

Back on topic - how about a vinegar soaked cloth pinned to our lapel? Or even better, make your own plastic badge. Did you lot ever go through that stage where you used to wet then grill crisp packets, cos it shrunk them, then stuck them to a pin to make a badge? Maybe we could all make badges out of the Tesco's value dishcloth bags, spritzed ever so lightly with HM eau de cologne aka vinegar/bicarb fabric conditioner, so we can all personalise it with our own mixes of essential oils? Hmmm - a trend, do you think? :)
  • moggins
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I remember the crisp packets, we had a ventilator grill at school that we used to stick them on and got perfect results :D

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family