PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

moneysaving old style badge?

Options

Comments

• moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You're on! Luckily my order from Vertbaudet came with some of those tiny little gold ones so I can use that instead of having the nappy pin. At least we're wearing them up top this time :D
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • Lillibet_2
    Lillibet_2 Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just had a hilarious 10 mins reading this thread!

Tha only safety pin I have to hand is the one holding up my non-maternity trousers so I'll be the one with the saftey pin in my lapel & no trousers:eek: . On second thoughts, maybe not:D

PS : No shell suits but I had a whole colletion of bodies & fondly remember the drunk stelletto dance in night club toilets! And wondering why I was covered in bruises the following morning.....my mum thought I must be hanging around with a very rough crowd!!
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth:p

In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks:mad: Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Options
    Oooooh, get Moggins ... a *gold* one!!!! Rather swank!! :rotfl:

Lillibet - instead of dropping your trousers ... use a rubber band to hold your trousers up:- loop it into the buttonhole and then stretch it over the button, thus freeing up that now highly fashionable safety pin :D (I would never have survived wearing my jeans for so long through pregnancy without my trusty rubber!)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Queenie I thought it was the trusty rubber that prevented pregnancy not aided it? :rotfl:
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Options
    moggins wrote:
    Queenie I thought it was the trusty rubber that prevented pregnancy not aided it? :rotfl:

Doh!!! So *that's* where I was going wrong!! Sheeeze, bit late telling me now, after 5 kids Mogs!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • catznine
    catznine Posts: 3,192 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'm often wearing just a safety pin on my coat, always losing the poppy/ribbon etc that is meant to be attached! So will be quite at home with the new MSE ID :)
    Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind.

Jan grocery challenge £35.77/£120
  • furrypig
    furrypig Posts: 2,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    trying to find a safety pin to proudly wear on my lapel!!

Can't wait to meet someone else though suspect you all live far far away!!
  • nicki_2
    nicki_2 Posts: 7,321 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just pinned a safety pin to my coat and one to my fleece. Doubt I will see anyone wearing one though, even if I did I'd probably be too shy to say anything :rotfl:
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am going to look for a small safety pin later but we had better be careful of smiling broadly at someone who has a safety pin in their jacket in case it is just that their original badge fell off!
    Could be embarassing :):):)
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • Eliza252
    Eliza252 Posts: 449 Forumite
    Options
    I've been reading these books on second world war rationing (see post somewhere on here!) - I had just finished reading this post and was flicking through the pages of the current book and I noticed that almost all of the women photographed have safety pins all over their tops - you see MSE is just a very high tec version of an old money saving club - tee hee! (ok, they're probably for nappies or something sensible like that, but let me have my fun!)
    will have to get some pictures scanned this eve...!
    I've made my debts bite-size too depressing to look at all at once so am handling them one at a time - first up Graduate Loan £1720 paid off! only £280 to go!!!
    Money to raise for tuition fees: £3000
    When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure