What a mess:-(

Options
12345679»

Comments

• life_unexpected_2
    Options
    Loveasale I have sat and read the whole thread and you have been given lots of good advise and I find there is noting I can add to this but I just want say that I think you have handled this situation with grace and dignity. I wish you and your family a bright and happy 2013
  • loveasale
    Options
    Thank you, I have really tried to keep 'normal' over this festive period.
    Not sure if the way I've played it was the right way?
    I don't expect to have the same Xmas next year, I hope to have either woken up from this awful dream, or moved on and met someone else to share Xmas along with the sharing of the kids!
    Funny as a MSE most people are in debt or often trying to loose weight.
    I've never had wight problem, i only spend what i have and although I was in debt years ago, I worked my butt off and spent nowt while I paid them off, I really see that very achievable .
    I also vowed I'd never be in debt again, apart from my mortgage that's how it's stayed, however my long term outlook is not so rosy.
    The mortgage is interest only ( I don't earn enough to put in my name) and I only have a tiny pension.
    The options I have now are to save as much as poss to put towards a new home ( once I have to get out of this one)
    I also wish to take a teaching course- maybe do part time or supply, I keep looking for openings .
    I know sometimes I rumble on a bit , but writing on here really does help me!
    :money: I will never be rich but I'm happy :rotfl:
  • lulu650
    lulu650 Posts: 1,158 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi loveasale and sorry to hear how life is for you at the moment. Just picked up on your last post about a teaching course. In terms of increasing salary and job security/opportunities this is the best thing I've ever done. A very hard long slog, so be prepared for this. Also, get some experience of working or volunteering in a local school to be able to get on a course. In our area there are more applicants than courses.

Reading through your posts, I'm not clear how your husband can afford to pay for maintenance, mortgage and his flat. Or does this mean you will now be paying the mortgage and bills? Have you been to citizens advice or looked into what benefits you may be entitled to as you are only working part time?
    Saving money right, left and centre
  • loveasale
    Options
    Hi lulu,
    My EX pays a set amount to me each month, it's nearly enough to cover mortgage, I now get tax credits and of course my wages, so it is just enough to live on.
    I am very good with money and only live to my means ( learnt that the hard way years ago!)
    The tax credits will only last while kids at school, so that's why I need a plan B !
  • loveasale
    loveasale Posts: 620 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 January 2013 at 9:52AM
    Options
    Hi all !
    Wanted to give a wee update to all of you who were so very supportive to me during my hour of need!

My situation is still the same, EX has flat , see boys when they choose ( they are teens so old enough ) he doesn't do much else, other than his running.
    We spent NYE in same company at our friends ( same as last 5 ) other than intimacy you would not know we weren't together!

Everything to do with my insurance that could have gone wrong has, but I now feel my car claim is about to be settled - too long to go into but I now have 2 courtesy cars outside- say no more!

I've become very MSE!
    Doing Jan GC - I'm good with money but boy, this really makes you think before you spend!
    Have set a target to make / save 2013 this year, I'm good at saving and cutting back , but need to look at making , such as EBay .
    Have took my old broken gold in and was offered £400!!! Decided to take a credit note as there was a lovely 3 colour gold bangle in the window for £595 so I'm going to pay bit by bit for the balance- if id taken the 400 it would have been whittled away!
    I've signed up to do the Moonwalk!
    I'm actively looking at training to teach!
    I've only gone to shops on Sat since Xmas - I spent half my Xmas tips on a jacket and some earrings- the rest went into bank!

In myself I'm still the same, I still hurt, but I've given myself a good talking to and I'm going to try my upmost not to let life get me down!
    I know the future will up and down , but I can and will cope!
    I still am on antidepressants , go for counselling and have physio weekly, I am so fortunate to be offered these and all 3 have helped enormously , don't get me wrong I still am very far from the old me, but at least I can try ( or lie!)

Again thanks for reading- I'm still gonna be around but for the time I'm going to put this post to bed as it was the old me and as much as it kept me sane I need to look forward!

See you all in other posts! :rotfl:
  • HeadAboveWater
    Options
    Looking forward to the updates from the new you :D

Here's to 2013 :beer:
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing