We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

'So what happened to the new site Martin?' blog discussion

Options

Comments

• mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Martin - I like it :j :j and look forward to it going live! I would just add that I think we should have a different photo of you every week! Keep up the good work - you're a true hero!!:A :A :T :T :A :A
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • dchurch24
    dchurch24 Posts: 1,219 Forumite
    Options
    Looks good. Very professional!
  • Twinkly
    Twinkly Posts: 1,772 Forumite
    Options
    I likes the priddy colours, blends nicely with my lilac themed Opera browser :)
  • kathfisch
    kathfisch Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    Options
    Much better! :D The original redesign wasn't bad but it did look commercial... looks to me like this is going to be much more mature and easy on the eye, not too gimmicky! :T
    Don't stress, relax, let life roll off your backs. Except for death and paying taxes, everything in life is only for now... Avenue Q
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 003 :DProud to have become debt free... and striving to keep it that way
  • rach29
    rach29 Posts: 2,503 Forumite
    Options
    Yep I Like it!

Works fine in Firefox for me too
    Thanks to all who post comps :A :T
  • pizzaboy
    pizzaboy Posts: 6,881 Forumite
    Options
    I like it,ive always preferred the main links across the top of a page rather than on the left,i think it will make me use the site more and not just the forum.
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    MSE_Martin wrote: »
    Don't worry Heinz the new site is designed for cross browser compatibility - funny about the screen grab it works in Firefox for me
    Odd (a techie will probably come back and correct me here) but clicking it takes me to a 34% scaled version of the page.

Thanks MSE Dan - the suggested left click on that 32% image made it full size!

Doh!
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • kathfisch
    kathfisch Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    Options
    Heinz wrote: »
    Odd (a techie will probably come back and correct me here) but clicking it takes me to a 34% scaled version of the page.

Its just a small screen grab, not a working site yet.
    Don't stress, relax, let life roll off your backs. Except for death and paying taxes, everything in life is only for now... Avenue Q
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 003 :DProud to have become debt free... and striving to keep it that way
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    Options
    i like it too. better than the other planned one.
    how long will it be before it's live?
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • mrsspendalot
    mrsspendalot Posts: 3,238 Forumite
    Options
    I didn't see the first version so can't compare - but I like the new look. More modern, smoother, sleaker, nicer colours, overall more professional feel. I think the new homepage is more attractive than the old one, and looks more functional and easier to navigate which is really important, especially for people with disabilities (spot the student who has studied disabled access to websites) ;)
    Olympic Countdown Challenge #145 ~ DFW Nerd #389 ~ Debt Free Date: [STRIKE]December 2015[/STRIKE] September 2015

:j BabySpendalot arrived 26/6/11 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family
  • 249.8K Travel & Transport