We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Faulty Blackberry 9900 please advice

2

Comments

  • yes but that is different, as it was a car, so you cant ask for a replacement for broken windscreen washers as the price would be disproportionate to the problem, however in terms of a phone I think they can remedy my request as it is reasonable to request a replacement for a faulty phone
  • the point I am trying to make is that it is repair OR replacement, does the law not entitle me to choose which I would prefer,

    Also it states without causing significant inconvenience to the consumer.

    If it took them one month to reinstate the call functions, then I can assume it will take longer for them to replace my phone, thereby causing me significant inconvenience.
  • Oli.s
    Oli.s Posts: 548 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    As others have said, it is the suppliers choice to replace or repair not yours.

    No offence but you can argue that your right until your blue in the face and the only outcome will be that you prolong not having full use of your phone.
  • Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture
    ynasira wrote: »
    the point I am trying to make is that it is repair OR replacement, does the law not entitle me to choose which I would prefer,
    It's at the suppliers discretion which they offer ...you cannot choose which one I'm afraid ..they can also carry on repairing it untill the end of the warranty.
    It's not just about the money
  • Thats the point I was asking about because on-line it states Any refund, repair or replacement you arrange with your customer relating to faulty goods must not cause them too much inconvenience.

    So I am asking repairing the phone will cause me inconvenience, as I use my blackberry as a laptop as it gives me the ability to amend as well as create documents, spreadsheets etc

    Therefore do I not have a right to a replacement seeing as they have said they cannot guarantee me a time frame when my repair will be carried out
  • Oli.s
    Oli.s Posts: 548 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    No, sadly not.

    On a side note, my wife's blackberry (different model) had problems with its camera too. It was away for about 10 days all in all.
  • wdw2003
    wdw2003 Posts: 235 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 10 November 2012 at 10:56PM
    If it's any help, my wife put her 7 month old 9900 into O2 for a repair in September following a final fatal red light. We fully expected a refurb replacement, but they actually gave a brand new one instead.

    Despite what O2 say, you might actually get a new one anyway, as the phone seems to have more than its share of faults and probably isn't worth repairing.
  • Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture
    edited 10 November 2012 at 11:19PM
    ynasira wrote: »
    Thats the point I was asking about because on-line it states Any refund, repair or replacement you arrange with your customer relating to faulty goods must not cause them too much inconvenience.
    Where did you say that ???

    At the beginning untill you were shown the error of your understanding you were demanding a replacement under your interperatation of the SOGA :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    It's not just about the money
  • No need to be rude to me, but I did mention it in post 13, also in my original post I did state that I was unwilling to send my phone off for repair as there was a likelihood it may be returned scratched
  • Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture
    ynasira wrote: »
    No need to be rude to me, but I did mention it in post 13, also in my original post I did state that I was unwilling to send my phone off for repair as there was a likelihood it may be returned scratched
    I wasn't being rude !
    I was being realistic and telling you the facts which you chose to ignore ;)
    It's not just about the money
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.