Harrods Christmas BOGOF + free delivery

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

Aren't Parcelfarce supposed to get signatures as it's tracked?

I think it must depend on what service is asked for - I received another parcel delivered by them recently but didn't have to sign for it. Not totally sure though.
  • Tweets_2
    Tweets_2 Posts: 1,144 Forumite
    Options
    The packaging on mine was beautiful. I got a messaged gift card in a huge black envelope with the gold Harrods logo, the box is really smart too and I'm dithering whether to keep it for myself now :rotfl: Even the invoice was printed on a high quality paper. It must cost Harrods a fortune for packaging.
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.
  • jodes333
    Options
    Well, it's been over 24hrs now and I'm still waiting for Harrods to get back to me. Have checked credit card and there has been no activity from them as yet. Thankfully we are not talking a lot of money, in fact it's gonna cost more in phone calls to chase it up! Since I'm not feeling to great at the minute I may just have to leave it as I don't have the energy. However, I won't be shopping with Harrods again as this is not the first time I've experienced poor customer service from them.

:naughty:
  • D&DD
    D&DD Posts: 4,405 Forumite
    Options
    Thankyou so much OP I have just received my order for my mum for xmas and they're lovely!
    I ordered the pink roses oven mitts and apron she's going to be chuffed to bits even without the Harrods all over them,I'm very tempted to reorder another set for myself :D
  • ANM
    ANM Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    jodes333 wrote: »
    Well, it's been over 24hrs now and I'm still waiting for Harrods to get back to me. Have checked credit card and there has been no activity from them as yet. Thankfully we are not talking a lot of money, in fact it's gonna cost more in phone calls to chase it up! Since I'm not feeling to great at the minute I may just have to leave it as I don't have the energy. However, I won't be shopping with Harrods again as this is not the first time I've experienced poor customer service from them.

:naughty:

Hmm. Not very impressive.
    I would chase up with an email referring to your phone conversation and expressing your disappointment.
  • jodes333
    Options
    Apologies, Harrods had emailed me in the 24hrs period and I had missed it. But perhaps they were too hasty to respond. It appears they didn't do anything! The email fobbed me off with some rubbish about this being a pre-authorisation payment and that I hadn't been charged twice. They assured me this would "drop off" my account.

Since this was a week later, and the transaction appeared the same day as my other payment I knew this was wrong. Also, I had previously contacted my bank who had explained Harrods had billed me and there was no refund pending. Furious at being fobbed off and at how they had dismissed me, I contacted Harrods again, pointing out the above. They have since emailed me again, this time confirming I had been billed twice and they were investigating how this could possibly have happened. They "confirm" a refund has since been actioned and will take 5-7 working days to reach my account.

I don't think this is good enough. Had they taken me seriously when I first raised the complaint, I may have already had my refund now. I'm furious at how they dismissed me, sent me an email full of rubbish confirmations as they obviously hadn't bothered to investigate it properly at all and cannot believe they missed the fact I was billed twice!

I understand and could forgive the fact that anyone could make a mistake at work, but I am furious about how they denied it, failed to investigate it properly, had to be forced to look at it again and were totally dismissive of my concerns when I first raised them. Thankfully, I hadn't spent a lot of money on this occasion, and I presume that is why they were so dismissive of it. However, as a paying customer, no matter what the amount I expect to be treated better than this, and I am still out of pocket because of them. If the situation was reversed, and I had taken twice the amount of goods that I had paid for, I guarantee more urgent action would have been taken. I don't think I would have had 5-7 working days to return them! I suspect the police would have been involved by now! I certainly wouldn't have been given several opportunities to explain myself and rectify the situation!

**RANT OVER**
  • Tweets_2
    Tweets_2 Posts: 1,144 Forumite
    Options
    jodes333 wrote: »
    <snip>
    **RANT OVER**

Let them know on their facebook page ;)

Edit. Or if you don't have facebook then get a relative to do it on your behalf - explaining how stressed out you were because of it all.
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.
  • HotJimmy
    Options
    super offer. I'm all over it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business