TALKTALK woes.

Options

Comments

• baby_frogmella
    Options
    upallnight wrote: »
    Any truth in the rumour that one of the TT call centres is in Bridgend in Wales and have a largely Asian staff who pretend to be somewhere in the sub continent?

Yes its true TT have a call centre in Wales run by staff who get paid £1.50 p/h <slaps forehead>
  • upallnight
    Options
    What, you think there's no such thing as a satisfied TT customer?:rotfl:

Perhaps you can enlighten us as to how you would progress your complaint with the TT forums if you had no internet access due to a TT !!!!-up?
  • baby_frogmella
    Options
    Perhaps you can enlighten us as to how you would progress your complaint with the TT forums if you had no internet access due to a TT !!!!-up?

1) Smartphone internet

OR

2) Neighbour/relative/friends internet

OR

3) Library internet access

Or are you saying that in the year 2013 nobody can access any of the above? Its simple economics...Talktalk will NEVER EVER be able to provide high quality phone support (ala AAISP, Zen broadabnd, Goscomb etc) as long as they continue to charge a few quid a month for broadband.
  • upallnight
    Options
    Talktalk will NEVER EVER be able to provide high quality phone support (ala AAISP, Zen broadabnd, Goscomb etc) as long as they continue to charge a few quid a month for broadband.

There we have the simple truth, if you want TT don't count on telephone support because it's !!!!. Straight form the horse's, sorry CEO's mouth.
  • baby_frogmella
    Options
    There we have the simple truth, if you want TT don't count on telephone support because it's !!!!. Straight form the horse's, sorry CEO's mouth.

What do you expect for £2.50 pm internet? AAISP-esque phone support?:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • baby_frogmella
    Options
    TalkTalk are a budget isp and anyone who signs up to them with their eyes closed deserve all they get. However if you stay away from their phone support and stick with the forums for support then you're unlikely to have any issues.
  • upallnight
    Options
    Perhaps the likes of Martin Lewis might stop making nice deals with them, in that case.
  • AJG88_2
    AJG88_2 Posts: 21 Forumite
    edited 1 March 2013 at 1:23AM
    Options
    I was a happy TT customer, for the first 6months then I made the biggest mistake of my life by taking mobile and youview.

I've been passed around at TalkTalk more times than that £1 coin you have in your wallet/purse. Im now on my 2nd CEO's Exec now, the 1st was useless told me that my line wasn't active and couldn't run diagnostics on the day my line migrated to BT 18days after she got assigned my complaint, she then told me 26days after she got my complaint that I had never ever reported a problem.

But I'm not off to a good start with this new manager, first email yesterday:

"I have now taken ownership of this matter and I will do a full independent investigation. I will respond to your email tomorrow confirming my findings."

Email today at 5pm

"So that I can make sure that we have addressed all of your concerns thoroughly I request that you leave this with me so that I can investigate further and come back to you with findings.

Please be aware that I am out of the office now until 05/03/13 so I will pick this up again on my return and will respond in full by close of business on Friday. Hopefully I will be able to come back to you sooner if my investigation is completed before then. "

How can this company surely have any happy customers when you get emails like the above from the 2nd manager in the ceo exec office, the last port of call before going to the ombudsman. I am currently on week 10 of my complaint, I have not had one resolution and they are asking for an 11th week (out of their 8 week complaints procedure) before I submit it to the regulator.

FYI, I didn't go with them for the budget, I went with them because I was fed up of having 3-4 direct debits, my total talktalk monthly bill was around £350 with 2 mobiles and the service was good for the first few months
  • baby_frogmella
    baby_frogmella Posts: 1,556 Forumite
    Options
    With TalkTalk its a matter of knowing where to go for support. Ringing their phone support is a waste of time as they will just send you around in circles. From my and other TT customers experience I would recommend the following support channels:

1) TT forums
    2) TT twitter account
    3) Write to them via recorded/special delivery
    4) As a last resort, get in touch with Dido Harding's office...you are almost guaranteed to have your issue resolved at this stage.
  • AJG88_2
    AJG88_2 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    With TalkTalk its a matter of knowing where to go for support. Ringing their phone support is a waste of time as they will just send you around in circles. From my and other TT customers experience I would recommend the following support channels:

1) TT forums
    2) TT twitter account
    3) Write to them via recorded/special delivery
    4) As a last resort, get in touch with Dido Harding's office...you are almost guaranteed to have your issue resolved at this stage.

Dido Harding's office aren't doing too well on mine, infact I think I had more help on their phone lines even if I did have to keep redialling and going through security for 4 consecutive hours :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure