Options

Comments

• steven_cardwell
    steven_cardwell Posts: 220 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 5 December 2012 at 6:17PM
    Options
    DevonMarc wrote: »
    Yes, the CEO did try to contact me... ONCE, via the phone number Talktalk disconnected.

Talktalk had my mobile number from day 1, I can prove this, as I still have text messages from your engineer confirming the time he was due to arrive to install the service.

I also telephoned talktalk the day before yesterday to find out why I still haven't been contacted.
    I told the customer service rep I had been expecting the CEO to call, but they haven't bothered, AGAIN. I also explained I phoned the generic number, because the CEO direct line always goes to voice mail.
    They lady then said she didn't know how to transfer calls, and would leave a note asking them to call within 24hours.

Obviously the call still has not arrived after 48 hours, but I also find it ironic that a customer service rep for a communication company has no idea how to transfer a call!

I still have not received a bag in the post for the equipment, so as kindly provided by DIAMONDS, I am about to post a registered parcel to talktalk containing the items, and I will also be adding this price to the invoice talktalk is running up for my time.

As for the bill, I will not be paying the £50 installation, I also will not be paying the £200 defered fee.

On top of that, I expect the bill to be correctly adjusted to my disconnection date, and NOT the migration date.

Onto the customers forum, I still have issues that need resolving, and you have removed 1 way for me to resolve the issues, although it looks alot more like censorship to me.

You have confirmed FINALLY that this whole mess is not down to me, by quoting the early release fee refund, so hopefully the snide comments sent my way will now cease.

It is perfectly clear that Talktalk have no intention to sort this problem, so why not save a lot of trouble, and send a dead lock letter so I can move on to the ombudsman, because we all know that's where it will end up.
    Have you managed to get things sorted?

I went back to BT on the 30/11 for phone, and o2 is connecting the broadband this Friday 7/11.

I've been told by TT CEO Office that i owe nothing, and i have closed the Direct Debit.

After registering for the Talk Talk members forum, its amazing how many similar tales you see, concerning broadband dropping out, people signing up and getting much slower speeds than sales say, let alone anywhere near what the previous ISP was producing, yet it seems to be a script of about 10 answers they have for all these issues, the best one is how much they hide behind the DLM and "errors on your line", yet totally ignore the question "why didnt my line have these issues on old ISP with a lower profile?"

It just seems to be too easy an answer to hide behind, its a bit like, when its dark every time a car comes towards you on other side of the road, it causes you to slow down, thats what Talk Talk's DLM is like, some errors, the next minute your broadband is crawlingand shoved on a 12db+ profile, yet i was on a 6db profile on o2 with the router on a up time of 30+ days, and no disconnections.

Hindsight would be a wonderful thing to have, month later, back to who i was originally with, the only downside is this little adventure cost me my Legacy package broadband with O2.
  • DevonMarc
    Options
    Hi guys, sorry I haven't updated for a while.
    I have now passed my complaints to the ombudsman, who are furiously working (I hope) on my behalf.

I have so far had 1 call from Talktalk CEO.. offering me a very small amount of money to compensate me for 'expenses' due to disconnecting my service illegally. Which I declined.
    I have still no appology, no explanation, no copy of the fictitious bill, nothing.

The Ombudsman has requested a copy of my Account and is also looking into the way Talktalk hold's and stores the data of their customers, however the Ombudsman have told me that this is really pushing their authority, and are looking into passing my file to the Information Commisioner, should sufficient evidence surface.

I am to sit tight, for what maybe a lengthy complaints investigation.

Thanks for all the kind words, I will certainly keep you updated.
  • Pineapple123_2
    Options
    Hi, I couldn't help reading your horror story about TT. Was actually looking for info as I have cancelled them and going over to Plusnet. But I notice they seem to bill you for the advance monthly charges even though you've cancelled (in my case nearly a month ago), and then have the temerity to tell you you have to wait for the refund of overcharge!!

But I mainly wanted to ask how your story ended (if it did), as I am totally engrossed now. Did you get satisfaction in the end???
  • AJG88_2
    AJG88_2 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    I'm having an ordeal with TT too, first complaint was 9 weeks ago so I'm about to go to ombudsman service. I spent FOUR hours on the phone getting cut off every 10-30minutes before I gave up.

Basically Internet was rubbish Mobile was rubbish everything about TT, never again. All started when I went over my mobile credit limit and had to pay £35 over phone (They took it 5 times under same AUTH code etc)

I complained and complained, put an order into BT for fibre (TT couldn't provide me with fibre however Sky\EE\BT could, TT now can), I gave TT CEO Exec Office 17 days before my line changed to BT. Today the CEO Manager says she cant perform diagnostics on the line because I changed provider and that I have never reported a fault before. (IT took the CEO's Complaints team 26 days to tell me I have never reported a fault with the broadband)

I don't know why I am still giving TT a chance to resolve it, I do find it quite funny the things they come out with. like the £405 bill for cancellation even though I was forced to change provider after waiting 8 weeks for TalkTalk to tell me on the day BT take my line over "As I am not a technically trained agent I am unable to answer your question regarding the slow BB you had, If the account was active my next step would have been to have one of our Fault Management Team manage your account and optimise the service for you."

LOL, TT CEO Complaint assigned 1st Feb, BT take over 18th Feb, TT CEO send me above on 18th Feb

My experience of TalkTalk is too long to fit in the Ombudsman Service: Communications complaint form but could explain TT with one word

INCOMPETENT
  • Catslovelycats
    Options
    This thread has made me defer my plans to take up the TalkTalk Essentials offer. I shall phone my existing provider (AOL) and ask if they can improve on my current deal instead of me having to transfer. SHOULD be easy enough seeing as AOL is TalkTalk. You'd think....
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Since you are already serviced by TT (AOL UK has been owned by CPW for years now), why do you not want to switch to Essentials if the deal is better?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • baby_frogmella
    Options
    This thread has made me defer my plans to take up the TalkTalk Essentials offer. I shall phone my existing provider (AOL) and ask if they can improve on my current deal instead of me having to transfer. SHOULD be easy enough seeing as AOL is TalkTalk. You'd think....

Absolutely nothing wrong with Talktalk provided you stick with their forum support...for every disgruntled customer there are many (like me) who are perfectly happy with their service and wouldn't dream of moving. In the >2 years i've been with them, not had a single outage, get line speeds of 18 meg 24/7 and was even lucky enough to be given a static ip address by an OCE. Superb ping times on fastpath, around 15 ms so great for gaming. Any issues have been satisfactorily dealt with via the forums. All for £5.75 pm on the Plus Package discounted from £14.50 :p
  • upallnight
    Options
    Absolutely nothing wrong with Talktalk provided you stick with their forum support...for every disgruntled customer there are many (like me) who are perfectly happy with their service and wouldn't dream of moving. In the >2 years i've been with them, not had a single outage, get line speeds of 18 meg 24/7 and was even lucky enough to be given a static ip address by an OCE. Superb ping times on fastpath, around 15 ms so great for gaming. Any issues have been satisfactorily dealt with via the forums. All for £5.75 pm on the Plus Package discounted from £14.50 :p

You are the TT CEO and I claim my £5.
  • upallnight
    Options
    Any truth in the rumour that one of the TT call centres is in Bridgend in Wales and have a largely Asian staff who pretend to be somewhere in the sub continent?
  • baby_frogmella
    Options
    upallnight wrote: »
    You are the TT CEO and I claim my £5.

What, you think there's no such thing as a satisfied TT customer?:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts