Don't know what to do about this ebay seller?

Options
Hi I hope someone can help me with this?

I ordered a new power supply for my PC from a seller on ebay - sent 2nd class mail.

its now 9 days and nothing arriving - i told the seller who said i can have a refund.

He has refunded the money back to paypal - which automaticlly refunded to my card (apparentlly have to wait upto 30 days for the money to actually show up in my bank i found out - wow)
Its a Halifax Visa Electron Debit Card - if anyone has ever had a refund to that from paypal to that card- did it really take 30 days?

Anyway...

The seller also has put to ebay - he wants to cancil the transaction - and the reason....

"The buyer and I disagreed on terms"

Not that it didnt arrive.

It is asking if i want to accept that on ebay and i dont know if i should?

So im a little worried now what the reason for that could be...?

Is he upto something do you think that could screw me over?

Thank you in advance for any help

Timez

Comments

• Iconic
    Iconic Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If the transaction is canceled he will not have to pay ebay for the sale.

If it isn't canceled he will have to pay ebay about 10% of the purchase price and any Paypal charges even though he has returned your money!
  • kwikbreaks
    kwikbreaks Posts: 9,187 Forumite
    Options
    It isn't his fault you used a debit card with paypal - it's instant refunds with credit card.

He's refunded you no fuss so leave him +ve feeback (say didn't arrive but refunded if you want) and agree to the transaction being cancelled.
  • timez_2
    timez_2 Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    Oh no i know it wasnt his fault about the card - or even the post.

But just wondered why he would put "disagreed on terms" when it wasnt the reason.

I just wanted to make sure it wont pottentally cause me any problems / money by accepting that? - when it wasnt the reason.

Timez
  • BertieUK
    BertieUK Posts: 1,701 Forumite
    Options
    I do not think that he had any intent to offend - could have just hit the wrong button by mistake - once it is sent it is difficult to retrive.

Just think positive about the transaction and everybody is happy.

Regards
    Bob
  • Sambucus_Nigra
    Options
    timez wrote: »
    Oh no i know it wasnt his fault about the card - or even the post.

But just wondered why he would put "disagreed on terms" when it wasnt the reason.

I just wanted to make sure it wont pottentally cause me any problems / money by accepting that? - when it wasnt the reason.

Timez

I'm not sure 'item didn't arrive' is an option.

You got your money refunded with no hesitation - so let the guy have his fees back!
    If you haven't got it - please don't flaunt it. TIA.
  • timez_2
    timez_2 Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    lol i am i am dont worry lol -

Just wasnt expecting to see that thats all - clicking accept now lol :)

Thank you all

Timez
  • Mr_Toad
    Mr_Toad Posts: 2,462 Forumite
    Options
    It might not be his fault at all. I bought a battery pack off eBay a couple of weeks ago. I could have opted for free delivery or paid 75p extra for first class. I opted for the 1st class post.

It took 10 days to arrive but it was clear from the postmark that the sender had posted it on the day I ordered it.

How the Royal Mail managed to take 10 days to deliver it 60 miles beggars belief. They seem to be getting worse by the day.
    One by one the penguins are slowly stealing my sanity.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure