Anyone made a purchase from Discount Mobility Direct?

Options
1235»

Comments

• zaksmum
    zaksmum Posts: 5,529 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ni-james wrote: »
    The delivery terms couldn't be much clearer. Anyone buying anything online should at the very least check the 'delivery' page which is clearly listed at the top of the page. There is also an info button beside the delivery options on the shopping basket to further clarify things. It clearly states what free delivery is and what the customer is required to do should they use this method.

I honestly can't believe someone who sees an £80 delivery option and a free option won't look to see what the difference is. There are many able bodied, technically minded people buying these products for relations. These are the ones who benefit from free courier delivery. Anyone else should be paying for a technician delivery service.

You are wrong there ni-james! The delivery option explanation simply says: "If you are confident in your choice of product and don't feel it is necessary to be shown the product in detail, choose standard delivery. By choosing this option, the product will still be delivered to your door but by a professional carrier. You will need to open the product yourself and dispose of the packaging. Please remember though we are always available on the phone to help if you feel you need assistance."

So...no mention there of having to assemble the scooter yourself, or of needing to lift very heavy parts (around 70-80kg) to shoulder height! No clue that the booklet gives instructions that are not possible to carry out. And certainly no mention that when you are completely flummoxed by those instructions and ring DMD for the promised telephone assistance, they completely refuse to help, saying they are only the suppliers!!

It was only after a huge fuss that they eventually - grudgingly - did help with the assembly instructions!:(
  • robin.hill
    Options
    I brought a Luggie Mobility scooter off them last year and there was promotional free case, I never received the case and it appears that they have now changed their name to CareCo, I was in contact with a guy named William...
  • GranddadG
    Options
    Is Careco the same company as Discount Mobility Direct DMD ?
  • orbit500
    Options
    Yes they are, it is explicitly stated.
    My experience was bad to say the least but I don't have any tolerance for being messed about and just took them to court.
    Not a hard thing to do at all and I got my money back.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure