🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

My Sky BB speed

Options
13»

Comments

• penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sky does not do a' free' 2 Mbps service. Both the 'free' one and the unlimited one are up to 20Mbps ish.
    OP Get on to Sky and get them to sort out your line speed.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • gonzo127
    gonzo127 Posts: 4,482 Forumite
    Options
    penrhyn wrote: »
    Sky does not do a' free' 2 Mbps service. Both the 'free' one and the unlimited one are up to 20Mbps ish.
    OP Get on to Sky and get them to sort out your line speed.

i am guessing the OP is on the old free package which was limited to 2mb speed and hasnt signed up to the 'new' lite package with the uncapped speed (and a 12 month contract term)
    Drop a brand challenge
    on a £100 shop you might on average get 70 items save
    10p per product = £7 a week ~ £28 a month
    20p per product = £14 a week ~ £56 a month
    30p per product = £21 a week ~ £84 a month (or in other words one weeks shoping at the new price)
  • penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    Options
    You could be on to something there, Sky are tricky tricksters when it comes to new product offers. I seem to remember having to renew my unlimited broadband one time to get the new cheaper service.
    Be interested to know the answer.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • lindabea
    lindabea Posts: 1,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    gonzo127 wrote: »
    i am guessing the OP is on the old free package which was limited to 2mb speed and hasnt signed up to the 'new' lite package with the uncapped speed (and a 12 month contract term)
    Gonzo - you seem to be very knowledgeable. I been with sky for over 3 years, so yes - I think I may be on the old limited 2 mb limit. I just been onto sky ,and they confirmed that my speed is very low - apparently my line should support upto 12 mb. The guy I was talking to said that he upgraded the line speed and will see the speed going up to possibly around 9-10. This may take between 2-3 to see the difference. Fingers crossed :)
    Before doing something... do nothing
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family