🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Be2 Dating site warning

Options
124»

Comments

• willsmum2000
    Options
    Hi I am in EXACTLY the same position as all of you. I cancelled through the unsubscribe facility. I never gave my credit card details. They say I did but have failed to provide the details. The interesting thing is that all of the amounts being claimed differ. Does anyone know how to end this farce? They also say in their current email to me that I have fallen victim to a popular myth that a FREE trial is exactly that
  • maninthestreet
    maninthestreet Posts: 16,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Has anyone actually been taken to court by this bunch?
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • dannyboy14
    Options
    I've been having similar issues with a different site and have been getting increasingly aggressive e-mails from the same German solicitors. I'm just about to post a letter to them but am not putting my address as I have thought all along there was something fishy about them. I Googled their name to try and check the authenticity and found this thread.... very relieved. I do wish I could get the e-mails to stop though, as they are annoying even if not true. Maybe a letter will do the trick.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    dannyboy14 wrote: »
    I do wish I could get the e-mails to stop though, as they are annoying even if not true.
    Just mark those you have already received as spam, and hey presto, you won't see any more. :D
  • Harry_Tuttle
    Options
    For tips, advice, and possible action, join the Support Group for Victims of Be2 on Facebook:

(Cannot post URLs. Just Google the term: "Support Group for Victims of Be2 Facebook")
  • ANGRY_BIRD
    Options
    I'm glad I read your post, but I'm already a victim.
  • ANGRY_BIRD
    Options
    OMG, I should have read this yesterday, I had transferred the money to the solicitor and Be2. Unfortunately today didn't receive any news from them. I got cheated. The collector is Auer Witte Thiel, I read the previous post, someone has the same experience as mine.
    Anyway money out can't be bring back but at least I saw this forum and will just ignore them after this.
  • saxyjo
    saxyjo Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This site is still in action!
    Be2 IS a scam site. They make it extremely difficult to cancel and when you do find the details they want a fax with:

name, add, d.o.b, signup name etc and wait for it... your signature! Yes they want your signature and then they’re all set to commit even further fraud.

I signed up for the one month at £12.99. They took £51.96. I emailed them, the finally replied saying it’s £12.99 a week and unfortunate that I didn’t read that part. Well that part doesn’t exist.

My credit card company are now investigating them. Hopefully I’ll get my money back.

Meanwhile I will be posting warning all over the internet. If it stops just one person signing up then it’s a win. People like them are disgusting and have no morals!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport