Making chicken feed of my mortgage

Options

Comments

• muddywhitechicken
    Options
    Meals planned up to and including Sunday - £31.91 spent on groceries but we will need to buy more bananas and milk.

Grocery challenge = [STRIKE]£49.88[/STRIKE] £81.79/£315 :T
    Mortgage at highest (April 2008): ~£195,000
    Mortgage-free: January 2021
    Retired: June 2022 (186 months early!)
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    Financially everything is tickety boo so my challenges for February are all focused on me:

- Lose 7 lbs (disappointingly I weigh exactly the same as I did on 1 January) by sticking to the diet and exercising more (opening of new gym has been delayed but I have my induction on Tuesday morning)
    - Drink 1.5 L water/day (I got out of the habit of doing this whilst I was ill)
    - Have a re-style rather than a trim when I go to the hairdressers on Saturday
    - Regularly use lotions and potions on face, hands and feet (I have many skincare products :o)
    - Be more fabby and less frumpy by overhauling my wardrobe and wearing mascara, lip gloss & perfume daily
    - Relax (free reflexology session booked for next week and I intend to use the jacuzzi at the gym on a regular basis)
    - Wear my fitbit everyday and when it tells me to get up and move, do so!
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,468 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What sort of Fitbit do you have MWC? Mine never tells me to get up!

You will blast the weight off, I have every confidence in you :j <<<--- exercise smiley.
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    What sort of Fitbit do you have MWC? Mine never tells me to get up!

You will blast the weight off, I have every confidence in you :j <<<--- exercise smiley.

Thanks ed - I wish I was that energetic!
    I have a Charge 2 :)
  • muddywhitechicken
    muddywhitechicken Posts: 3,940 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 1 February 2018 at 10:27PM
    Options
    My crown is back in place... for now... the dentist didn't sound very confident that it was a long term solution and suggested that I start saving for an implant :eek:

As I was WFH today due to the dental appointment, I arranged for a well known lawn treatment company to come round and give me a quote. The expert thought my lawn was in much better condition than I do although he did tell me off for mowing it too short :naughty: He recommended their basic package :T £15 four times a year.

I had a slightly longer lunch break in which I mucked out The Girls, pruned my gooseberry bushes, had a bit of a tidy up in the back garden and harvested some PSB for dinner :)

I also had a new cookbook delivered - Molly Watson's bowls! - a 1/2 price damaged copy, paid for with a birthday voucher.

Dinner was HFW's fragrant veg stoup :drool: another keeper of a recipe!

In financial news:

- Mr MWC has had another promotion + 5% pay rise + more stock options :T I'm trying to get him to pay the extra into his pension... he wants to spend it on drink and drugs :rotfl:

- Up to £25 on OP, £5 L2S voucher received from RMS and £7.48 TCB claimed :)
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    - Mr MWC has had another promotion + 5% pay rise + more stock options :T
    Congratulations Mr MWC :T:T:T:T
    I'm trying to get him to pay the extra into his pension... he wants to spend it on drink and drugs :rotfl:
    Compromise and spend it on a holiday in November :D. Dinner's on you :rotfl:.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Compromise and spend it on a holiday in November :D. Dinner's on you :rotfl:.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

If he hasn't frittered it by then! Having our own bank accounts was a good idea when I earned more than him, now that he earns nearly twice as much as me, I'm not so sure... :rotfl:
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    I've now calculated our net worth and I'm pleasantly surprised :D
    Not including the equity in the house, we have enough saved to live comfortably for 20 years :T

After reading SuperSecretSquirrel's post, I decided to look at our net worth in a different way... not including the equity in the house and at a withdrawal rate of 4%, we could spend £20,144/year... that's 101% FI :j
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    ... that's 101% FI :j

No, it's not... I'd been on the sherry :rotfl:
    It's 80% FI which is still pretty good :)
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,725 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    It is still awesome! Well done you!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback