Making chicken feed of my mortgage

Options

Comments

• muddywhitechicken
    Options
    Yet another NSD - the fifth this month :T

No walk today as I was trying to get my multi-million $ work budget to match what Finance think I'm spending!

Absolutely delicious sausage and butternut squash toad-in-the-hole for dinner. Mr MWC said it was a real treat :)

And only 1 egg again today - I think I'm going to disappoint some regular customers this week (unless I get two 4-egg days...)
    Mortgage at highest (April 2008): ~£195,000
    Mortgage-free: January 2021
    Retired: June 2022 (186 months early!)
  • megela
    megela Posts: 755 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Just popped by to say your Christmas Hampers sound absolutely gorgeous!!

All the time and effort, along with love put in will make fabulous xmas gifts. I don't really buy for any adults or I would be really inspired.
    Re-mortgaged 20/04/12 MTiT-T3 No.7
    Start balance £89611.10 + £22500 = £112111.10/Current balance £85436.53
    Original Mortgage Free Date April 2032
    Target Mortgage Free Date July 2022/Currently August 2029 (based on no offset)
    Total overpayments from 20/04/12: £8152.95
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    Thanks megala

This will be the fifth year that I have made hampers. The first year there were quite a few recipients (in Mr MWC's family) who looked a bit disappointed when they received them - :mad: after all my time, effort & money (making presents isn't the cheap option...) - however they were more enthusiastic after they had eaten the goodies! Now I think I would be lynched if I didn't do them and everyone knows that they have to return the empty jars, bottles etc otherwise they don't get a refill :p

This year I'm making 14 :eek: (although some will be smaller than others)
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    Mr MWC is still talking about dinner... he's now describing it as "proper lush" :D
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    Today was my sixth NSD of the month - it's easy when you know how :D

Just checked my bank account and my last expense claim has been paid - £27.90 (62 miles @ 45p/mile) :)

HM cauliflower & almond soup for lunch (2/3 cauliflower, a little bit of celeriac, 1 onion and 1 leek left over from the weekend with 1L of vegetable stock, 30g ground almonds that I bought last year and never used, and a bay leaf) and orzo cooked in chicken stock with feta, peas & dill for dinner :drool:

I have 3 watchers and 1 bid of 99p for 1 of the DVDs I listed on ebay. A few days left so fingers crossed that I get more than I would have on music magpie!

2 eggs today and I have a chicken in my conservatory... Miss F, my beautiful little blue egg layer, has been a bit under the weather for the past week or so. She is moulting so this is almost certainly the reason but she is also bottom chook and I don't think she is getting her fair share of the food :( Anyway, I took her out of the cube this evening and gave her a bowl of warm chicken porridge and a straw bed.
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    NSD No. 7 for November

Very busy at work today - well have been all week really (have spent the last few weeks twiddling my thumbs though...)

Mr MWC has just booked airport parking for a business trip next week and luckily I reminded him to use TCB just in time... 7.57% cashback and paid for on his company CC :D He'll be away from Friday to late Tuesday - that's 5 dinners that I'll have to cook myself :eek:;)

He cooked pasta with pesto, feta, onion and beetroot for dinner tonight

And another 2 eggs today
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    Hurrah :j it's the weekend... although I am contactable by blackberry for the rest of the day if needs be

Today will be another NSD - we are going out for a family meal this evening however FIL will be paying :)

Still at 99p for the ebay DVD but now have 3 watchers, no bids or watchers on the other one :(
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    Just spent the best part of 2 hours trying to get locoblade's spreadsheet to work and failing :mad:... it's obviously user error because everyone else thinks it's the bee knees... but my basic (and total) monthly payment value doesn't decrease after the fixed period is finished and I can't add my adhoc OPs because it says the sheet is protected even though it says I can edit yellow columns...

2 eggs today
  • muddywhitechicken
    muddywhitechicken Posts: 3,940 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 10 November 2012 at 7:50PM
    Options
    I've got no oomph this morning... so I'll sit here and make a list rather than actually do anything!

I need to:

[STRIKE]shower[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]dress[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]menu plan[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]write shopping list[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]walk into town [/STRIKE]- walked in but bought too much heavy stuff so Mr MWC had to go and get the car...
    follow-up in n/wide about my length of membership query
    [STRIKE]buy mealworms and sunflower seeds for The Girls in home bargains[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]go to morrisons and spend £40 to get Christmas voucher [/STRIKE]- spent £50 after using £2 coupon
    [STRIKE]remember to use a £2 money-off coupon[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]go to sainsburys for petrol [/STRIKE][STRIKE]and to buy all the things I couldn't get in morrisons (usually milk and decent
    lettuce for The Girls) [/STRIKE]- managed to get everything I needed in town (The Girls have got spinach this week)
  • BookWorm
    BookWorm Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi MWC

Sorry to hear that one of your chickens is poorly. :( I love reading about your chickens and the number of eggs in with all the MFW stuff. Hope she gets better soon

BW :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure