Making chicken feed of my mortgage

Options

Comments

• muddywhitechicken
    Options
    I've only gone and done it again... another NSD today :rotfl:

The Girls will have to go another day without lettuce/spinach but I'll be home by 2 so I'll let them on the lawn for a couple of hours... and they got melon today, so it's not like they're neglected.

I forgot to mention that my walk yesterday involved lots of kicking piles of dry leaves :D

Today I:

- Made my regular OP of £575
    - Transferred £250 to my regular saver
    - received a £2 Gardening Club voucher valid until the end of January
    - Went for a 35 minute walk (no leaf kicking today - they were too soggy and there were too many people around!)
    - worked with idiots again (really must try to be more tolerant of my US colleagues...)
    - Ate HM split pea & ham soup for dinner and leftover trick or treat sweets for pudding

3 eggs today :)
    Mortgage at highest (April 2008): ~£195,000
    Mortgage-free: January 2021
    Retired: June 2022 (186 months early!)
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    Another NSD :j it's easy when you know how!!!

Another 3 eggs today and I sold 2 boxes this morning

Planning on a fishfinger sarnie for dinner (Mr MWC isn't here!)
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    Change of plan - decided that a fishfinger sandwich was too much cooking so had a bowl of cereal instead :rotfl:
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    A spend day today (bread/milk/vegetables/fruit and petrol) but, if I've planned correctly, I won't need to spend anything until Tuesday or Wednesday.

We also bought a rug today to replace the one that FIL's dog poo'd on :eek: The rug was 25% off and FIL will be reimbursing us.

A quiet weekend this weekend - housework and laundry today.

5 root soup with bacon for lunch and Bengali butternut squash & chickpea curry for dinner :drool:

Only 2 eggs today
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    As expected, a NSD today :)

I researched selling my colleagues old DVDs this afternoon. He really does have a load of old tat! Most worth 30p on music magpie (there was one that they refused!) or 1p on amazon but a couple are worth a little more so I have listed them on ebay.

More housework and laundry today :(

2 eggs from 7 very soggy chooks. I'll be lucky if I get any tomorrow after tonight's fireworks - it sounds like a battlefield out there (we're only 400m from a professional display...)

The dads came over for dinner - slow-cooked game & sausage casserole (using HM pontack sauce - yummy) with mash and savoy cabbage.

I'm trying to decide what to put in my Christmas hampers this year. I already have:

Whiskey marmalade
    Hedgerow jelly
    Spiced crab apple jelly
    Christmas puddings
    Spicy pear pickle and Christmas chutney left over from last year
    Sloe gin
    Blackcurrant vodka

Mr MWC made piccalilli today but I didn't get to see it before he had bottled up and it looks very runny to me...

I always make lemon curd and white chocolate & cranberry cookies a couple of days before Christmas.

In previous years I have made chocolate dipped candied orange peel. It is popular so I may do that again if I can get some cheap oranges and I have seen an interesting recipe for maple & toffee vodka. Any ideas what else I could do please?
  • misscousinitt
    Options
    Hi MWC...have you ever made Biscotti? They keep in a jar/tin for 4-6 weeks so can be made in advance.

I always make some for our Charity Christmas Fair and jar them up and they generally go down really well for people adding to HM hampers.

There is a recipe on the bbc good food web-site - just search for Christmas Biscotti.

MCI
    Mortgage Free x 1 03.11.2012 - House rented out Feb 2016
    Mortgage No 2: £82, 595.61 (31.08.2019)
    OP's to Date £8500

Renovation Fund:£511.39;
    Nectar Points Balance: approx £30 (31.08.2019)
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    Hello MCI :wave:
    That recipe looks fab and exactly what I need - something that can be made in advance (I have a fairly quiet November followed by a hectic December including business trips to the US and France in the fortnight before Christmas...)
    Thank you so much
    MWC x
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    Another NSD today :) although my stupid American colleagues very nearly drove me to buy chocolate...

Today I:

- walked for 30 minutes at lunchtime
    - had HM butternut squash, sweet potato, leek & ginger soup for lunch
    - reheated HM chilli for dinner
    - checked my online bank account and found a £41.10 interest credit on my old regular saver account :j

Only 1 egg today but that's 1 more than I thought I would get!
  • misscousinitt
    Options
    Hello MCI :wave:
    That recipe looks fab and exactly what I need - something that can be made in advance (I have a fairly quiet November followed by a hectic December including business trips to the US and France in the fortnight before Christmas...)
    Thank you so much
    MWC x

You are welcome...enjoy making them - I always do - they look so nice in jars.

I know what you mean about hectic...made in advance is always a bonus.

MCI
    Mortgage Free x 1 03.11.2012 - House rented out Feb 2016
    Mortgage No 2: £82, 595.61 (31.08.2019)
    OP's to Date £8500

Renovation Fund:£511.39;
    Nectar Points Balance: approx £30 (31.08.2019)
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    I knew that our savings were very healthy but Mr MWC and I had a chat last night and totted up all our savings accounts, shares etc and it appears that we almost have enough (not including the mortgage-linked equity plan for the original mortgage) to pay off the further advance :eek: :T
    We're not going to but it's nice to know that we could if we wanted to (or had to) :D
    What it does mean is that saving will take more of a back seat to OPing from now on... although saying that I will continue to pay £250/month into my regular saver (as 1. it feels wrong not to be saving anything..., 2. it earns more interest than I pay on the mortgage and 3. I can always transfer it to the mortgage when the 12 months are up) and Mr MWC wants to use up his ISA allowance for this tax year.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family