Organic food in supermarkets

Comments

• Kirri
    Kirri Posts: 6,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ^ cheers for info, am tempted now! I think one of the recipes was in the Waitrose mag recently, seem to think I ripped it out to save but that it looked a bit unusual.. but always on the lookout for good vegan cookbooks - I have mostly veggie cookbooks but most of my evening meals are vegan.
  • Edwardia
    Edwardia Posts: 9,170 Forumite
    edited 4 February 2015 at 11:54PM
    Kirri wrote: »
    ^^ Is the book good??

Deliciously Ella..

I mentioned it is gluten-free to OH, he whisked it off the coffee table and I haven't seen it since. I'm hoping that at some point I'll get to try a few recipes :D

Daylesford organic chicken is on offer at Ocado so I've ordered thighs, wings and drumsticks.

No matter how much I say to OH I've bought you X to last two weeks eg gluten free rolls in freezer, boxes of Organix or 9 bars, Ella's Kitchen fruit purees for yogurt, apples, easy peeler citrus, grapes, blueberries,raspberries, small bags of Kettle Chips, pine nuts, raisins, gluten free buckwheat crispbreads, French pate, prosciutto .. it all goes in a week, the oink !
  • Kirri
    Morrisons are stocking some Crazy Jack products, not sure if this is new as I rarely go in there but was looking online to find a cheaper supplier of organic apricots, after A&C hiked up their prices, and saw them listed. Found them instore too! This was a normal shelf price, wasn't marked as an offer.

Morries (CJack) 250g dried apricots £2.99
    A&C (Suma) 250g dried apricots £5.69!!!
    Waitrose (own) 250g dried apricots 4.00
    Ocado (CJack) 250g dried apricots 4.19
    Sains (SoOrg) 250g dried apricots 4.00

Last year A&C were stocking products like dried apricots from the Health Store (iirc) and they were way cheaper than their newly relaunched range.

Morries also had CJack raisins and sultanas for £1.99 each, but didn't look for or notice anything else. I'll check if they are stocking any of the pulses.
  • Edwardia
    I've seen Crazy Jack products in 99p Stores occasionally. However 99p Stores has been bought up by Poundland which does stock some Kallo products.
  • Edwardia
    Notice that Waitrose has Neal's Yard organic beauty stuff in store now on Friday :)
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Edwardia wrote: »
    Notice that Waitrose has Neal's Yard organic beauty stuff in store now on Friday :)
    I guess we've been spoilt here in London; they've been stocked in several of the Waitrose stores near me for as long as I can remember visiting. Occasionally they offer 25 to 30% off the brand so if you were thinking of testing something out, hold off for a few months if you can for a discount.:money:
  • Kirri
    If it's not on organic shopping then please take your petty arguments over to DT.

Reported to board guide.
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 March 2015 at 11:20AM
    while it’s easy to wander off-topic that could stop newbies finding the information they want quickly and easily (please see the forum rule) so please keep this thread on topic.

If you’d like to discuss non-MoneySaving related topics please continue your discussion in The MoneySavers Arms or Discussion Time. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"]forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].

Off topic posts have been moved to another thread here in Discussion Time
  • Edwardia
    Organic strawberries 50% off at Waitrose today ! If you have an Ocado SmartPass then you get a discount on Rachel's organic creme fraiche so that's my snackette sorted ;)
  • Edwardia
    edited 17 April 2015 at 12:05AM
    Lately, I've been using Sainsbury's in-store for cauliflowers, broccoli, tenderstem broccoli, courgettes, mushrooms, mixed bell peppers, romano peppers, onions, shallots, spring onions, beetroot, bananas, apples, pears, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and grapes.

I've used Ocado for these only if the price is same/cheaper with or without an offer or Sainsbury's has been out of stock.

I wanted steaks for OH's birthday so I looked at Abel & Cole because Sainsbury's organic meat can be tough IMO. I looked at veg and I was shocked by the prices.

So please do check prices because Sainsbury's, Ocado, Waitrose, etc are way cheaper.

Abel & Cole has offers on Yeo Valley yogurts and some Ecover products atm also Dragonfly burgers

Iceland has 300g bags of cooked and peeled caught in the North Atlantic prawns for £4 and I'm just loving that natural flavour.

DO read labels/website though because their Atlantic salmon is actually farmed in Norway.

Another product I'm really liking is the Arctic Royal Freshly Frozen at Sea hake £8 a bag. It holds together well and again it seems really fresh and flavourful.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure