PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Satsuma Overload

Options

Comments

• madvixen
    madvixen Posts: 577 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Marmalade is the one that springs to mind straight away
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=420791

Or you could preserve them in sugar syrup (a google search will give you loads of ideas on how to do this)

I'm currently making Clementine marmalade to use up all the ones that are in my fruit bowl :)

HTH
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'm making a clementine chocolate tart today...I expect it to be a little sweeter than one made with oranges but perfectly fine nonetheless.
  • lucy*locket
    Options
    hi...you could juice them and mix juice with lemonade...i think nigella does a clementine cake...you could make fruit salad but would need other fruits
    hth

Nigella's clementine cake is delicious, it would use up a few of your stash, as long as you have the other ingredients of course.

http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/clementine-cake-2559
  • flutterbyuk25
    Options
    Nigella's clementine cake is delicious, it would use up a few of your stash, as long as you have the other ingredients of course.

http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/clementine-cake-2559

Thanks for this link, I may make it tomorrow as I have some clementines lurking.

Do you actually put the whole clementine (bar pips) in it? outer skin and all?
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • Fruball
    Fruball Posts: 5,739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thinly slice some of them and dry out in a very low oven, then pop into the airing cupboard... Later, thread them either as hanging decs for xmas tree or add to a garland, or pot pourri or wreath. Very pretty and very Kirsty Allsopp!!!!

They smell great and can be refreshed with orange oil next year!

I have done this :)
  • Aarons_mummy
    Options
    You could peel off all the skin including the transparent skin and add to a microwave cake, very easy and delicious. Make smoothies perhaps?
    Credit Card: £796 Left/£900 October 2011 :eek:
    Store Card: £100 October 2011 :o
    Declutter 100 Things In January 100/100:j:beer:
    No Buying Toiletries 2012
  • lucy*locket
    Options
    Thanks for this link, I may make it tomorrow as I have some clementines lurking.

Do you actually put the whole clementine (bar pips) in it? outer skin and all?

Yes you do, it seems a bit weird but it's all blitzed together and you don't taste the skin...enjoy.
  • flutterbyuk25
    Options
    Yes you do, it seems a bit weird but it's all blitzed together and you don't taste the skin...enjoy.

Fair enough! I'll give it a whirl tomorrow
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • Seakay
    Seakay Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    you can juice them, freeze the juice if too much for immediate consumption, dry the peel in a cooling oven or over the fire, use the dried peel for pot pourri, ground to flavour rice, stews etc, as a fire lighter
  • marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cheesecake. Get a standard plain cheesecake or make one yourself, add segments on the top and everyone will love it.

Failing that, you could always make some fresh orange juice. ;)
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing