Littlefred's bid for mortgage freedom!

Options

Comments

• littlefred169
    Options
    Well not a lot really going on around here money wise.

The usual work and uni with the added fun of having coursework to hand in this week and the internet going down meaning the laptop ended up going with me. Oh well it was submitted on time which is the main thing.

I didn't go to cadets on Friday as I fell asleep! I felt so bad :( I went to sit on my bed and read as my legs were so tired from being on my feet all day and the next thing I knew it was 2330!! oops.

Well I'm on my second to last night now at work (not that I'm counting) so I best go and so some work.

Have a fab weekend all.
    Original MF Date = July 2034
    Current MF Date = July 2025
    Target = April 2025
  • nattypants
    nattypants Posts: 2,577 Forumite
    Options
    Happy TD-ing littlefred.....it still makes my life having cosy clothes and very little ironing (actually read that as NO ironing:D) to do.

Enjoy your Sunday - it's lovely and bright today....if a tad cold, however spring is most definitely just around the corner:j
    February13 - £74990 (or thereabouts)
    MND - Let's go for 2020 'cos it's got a nice ring to it:D
    C'mon nattypants:cool:
  • taxi73
    taxi73 Posts: 20,815 Forumite
    Options
    you must've needed the sleep so be kind to yourself
  • littlefred169
    Options
    I'm so annoyed with myself. I booked my hotel for uni on the wrong day so I've just found another one :mad:
    Target = April 2025
  • littlefred169
    Options
    Well it's been a while since I've posted as its all been crazy busy and all I've managed to do is keep up with reading some diaries. I started my new job last week and after 2 days of boring induction and uni I finally started. Things aren't too different as some of the equipment and IT are the same and the majority of people seem nice.

Cadets have been busy as we've had a competition that I help train them for and they won so it's the next round at the weekend but I'm not going as it's my uncles 80th birthday.

Money wise has not been great. My payday is now 5 days later so I'm having the eek my money out a bit longer and also I'm waiting for my invoice from my previous employer for my masters and then have to give it to the new one and hope they pay it quickly so I don't end up with bayliffs at my door :eek:
    Seeing as the 2 employers are merging at the end of the year I was hoping that this wouldn't happen!!

The end is in sight for uni now as well. Only 4 more weeks of lectures, one presentation, 2 exams and my project to go. Not that I'm counting or anything!
    Target = April 2025
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Money wise has not been great. My payday is now 5 days later so I'm having the eek my money out a bit longer

I never point out spelling mistakes as I make so many myself :o. However, it should be eke out - but :eek: eek :eek:out is so much more appropriate :rotfl:.

Glad all well with new job and uni - grit your teeth, nearly there :T
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Secret_Saving_Squirrel
    Options
    An exciting time, well done to you for keeping it all going,

Squirrel
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
  • littlefred169
    Options
    Sorry GG I'll remember that for next time!

Well I'm absolutely shattered and will be grateful when I don't have to travel to the otherside of the country for uni!!

I'm must go out and get my uncles 80th birthday present at lunchtime (local glass shop that is closed by the time I finish work), go shopping, make a cake for comic relief, do some uni work for a group presentation and then find some time to sleep!
    Target = April 2025
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Sorry GG I'll remember that for next time!

Noooooooo - :eek: eek :eek: out is much better, that's what I'll always think of it as now :T:T:T
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    I never point out spelling mistakes as I make so many myself :o. However, it should be eke out - but :eek: eek :eek:out is so much more appropriate :rotfl:.

Glad all well with new job and uni - grit your teeth, nearly there :T

Really! I was always really good at spelling but must confess I would have put eek out too :o maybe I wasn't so good at spelling as I thought! :rotfl:
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing