The Compers Inn Part 39

Options

Comments

• Barnabysue
    Barnabysue Posts: 9,058 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah I saw this on yahoo earlier - it is dreadful but you do feel she must have had other problems too as she hadn't been suspended or anything.

Maybe so, but even if she did, this no doubt pushed her over the edge.
    Luck is believing you’re lucky – Tennessee Williams

May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night – Anonymous
  • wingobins
    wingobins Posts: 20,649 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Aw that is sad Sue :(

Alfie, good luck with the printer :)

LM, badedas that you put in the bath is good for healing too also arnica, it's a natural remedy. I so remember them sexy stockings! :D

Well done on your wins fire**fly and Sheils :T

I've had a great day getting Xmas presents in. Not been able to do much when I've come home as DD isn't well again, think she's getting tonsillitis again.

Thanks for the update SueM on Times comps tomorrow :A
    Big thanks to all who contribute to the forums. Be lucky everyone and be safe!
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,842 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    :j:j:j:j:j wowee, that's a brill win sheils well done again :j:j:j:j:j
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• fire**fly
    Options
    AlfieBlue wrote: »
    Oooooh! Can I toot me own horn on an achievement today? :p

To put it briefly (though as you all know I don't do briefly :o) - I have a wonderful very elderly aunt who lives way over the other side of the world. She is in poor health now but still manages to keep in contact with me and my family, sending us news and photo's and always asking after us. She is a mega sweet pea and we love her to bits. We always keep in contact and I typed a lovely long letter to her last night (I type now in large type because her sight is not so good and its better for her to be able to read rather than the handwritten word).

Blow me, flipping printer gave up the ghost!!!! :eek::eek: Well - after some blue air and errrrm some naughty words:o - I decided to tackle it. Im not good on the computer, unless its running fine. I dont understand a lot of things. However i said to myself: Alfie, you are fairly intelligent sometimes so just get your head round this. Kids werent here to help so out came the manual. Trawling through, had to go into this and that, that and this, didnt know whether i was coming or going!!!

Was just about to give up and it fired up!!!! Only taken me from 7am this morning!!!! I know it seems silly, just a printer, and to many its probably a no brainer, but to me - it meant the world to get that printer working and see my letter printed off!! Yay!!!! Aunt will now receive her letter!! :):):) xxxx

:T:T well done alfie :j know the feeling from when mines gone kaput :eek: you've done great :A
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• fire**fly
    Options
    thanks wingo :D:j sounds like you had a good time shopping :j

hope DD will be ok xxx

• lomaxsylvia
    lomaxsylvia Posts: 5,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    129029930882604951.jpg

Well done on your wins FF and Sheils.

Firefly - again one of my favourites is batenburg. I buy the mini ones for the GD she loves them too.

Well done of the shopping trip Wingo and hope the DD is better soon, she is certainly having a rough time of it at the moment.

Well done for sorting the printer Alfie, have to admit the last time mine jammed and I wasted a day trying to sort it, I gave up and got another one.

Thanks for the heads up SueM

Hope the pain eases soon LM

DH is at it again, he has won the Pata's curry hamper and 2 pairs of sight station glasses posted by Cornish so will have to help him with his pm etc.

Hope you all have a lovely evening.

25.gif
    BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO POST THE COMPETITIONS
  • sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Gosh it is so hard keeping up with everything on MSE just now!
    Well done sorting out the printer Alf - I'm not technical either but I always give it a shot.
    Glad you got on with the Xmas shopping Wingo. It makes things seem better when you feel organised.
    Thanks FF - I am feeling a bit luckier now.

Well done to Fred again, Sylvia - he is a natural! My DH won us a years supply of Timotei Hair Products on Womans Own (worth £200 it says) that will be really handy. :j
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • AlfieBlue
    AlfieBlue Posts: 14,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Oh dear :( Just seen the news report about the nurse that commited suicide.

I never judge - over me long years I have lost many a friend who took their life, through various means. Maybe 6/7 more - all different ages, over 40 years ago starting with a school pal many years ago when he was just 13 years of age. We can never judge. We will never really understand. But we can show humanity. Its not a selfish act. Not at all. I believe that after witnessing so many suicides and trying to understand why? Mental health issues - its a complex subject. Had that in my family. Been there, had to deal with it.

All I can say is god bless her so much and may she now rest in peace and also thinking of her wee kids and her family. God bless them and I send my love to them, that they get through this and stay strong. Sending hugs to them. x
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    <3
  • fire**fly
    Options
    sheils6 wrote: »
    Gosh it is so hard keeping up with everything on MSE just now!
    Well done sorting out the printer Alf - I'm not technical either but I always give it a shot.
    Glad you got on with the Xmas shopping Wingo. It makes things seem better when you feel organised.
    Thanks FF - I am feeling a bit luckier now.

Well done to Fred again, Sylvia - he is a natural! My DH won us a years supply of Timotei Hair Products on Womans Own (worth £200 it says) that will be really handy. :j

:j:j:j that's the one i said woweee to not long ago sheils :j:j:j please tell DH well done :j:j:j

thanks sylv :j & well done to your DH :j:j:j
    love the pics :T

• AlfieBlue
    AlfieBlue Posts: 14,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    fire**fly wrote: »
    :j:j:j that's the one i said woweee to not long ago sheils :j:j:j please tell DH well done :j:j:j

thanks sylv :j & well done to your DH :j:j:j
    love the pics :T

Oh well done you guys!!!! V happy for you and your wins. :A:A :T:T:T
    Blooming cold here, just had nice mushroom risotto, now tucking under the duvet with a mug of steaming hot chocolate!!!! Am I a wimp - yes I am!!!!! But a cosy wimp!!!!! Love to all. xxxxxx
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    <3
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills