The Compers Inn Part 39

Options

Comments

• LadyMorticia
    LadyMorticia Posts: 19,899 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hey everyone. :) Hope you're all okay. :)
    2019 Wins
    1/25

£2019 in 2019
    £10/£2019
  • StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hi LM how is it going with baby Dexter now you are home? Hope you arr i a bit less pain now and he is settling a bit begter for you

There is a very chatty little boy on my bus and he is melting my heart
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • LadyMorticia
    LadyMorticia Posts: 19,899 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi LM how is it going with baby Dexter now you are home? Hope you arr i a bit less pain now and he is settling a bit begter for you

There is a very chatty little boy on my bus and he is melting my heart

Things are better now he's at home. :) He's feeding well. He doesn't like to settle in his moses basket but warming it up first with a hot water bottle seems to help, although he still prefers to sleep on me.lol.

Still in alot of pain. Having to sleep sitting up because I can't get out of bed when I lie down. Having to resort to taking my Tramadol because the Paracetamol and Ibuprofen the hospital prescribed aren't doing anything. Have some sexy stockings to wear for 6 weeks to prevent DVT and have to have daily injections for 6 weeks to prevent DVT too.

Hope everything is okay with everyone. :)
    2019 Wins
    1/25

£2019 in 2019
    £10/£2019
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,842 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    :j:j just had delivery of the Palmers cocoa butter win & there's also £30 HMV vouchers in :D:j:j &
    then another delivery of
    GetImage?Source=BERT&Quality=WEB&Component=FRONTCOVER&EAN13=9781781310021 book :j:j

bro in law will love this one :j:j
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Great prizes FF! I've just won a nail varnish from the Stella Beauty Comp - three guesses who will claim that. If it comes in time I will put it in her Xmas stocking though.
    Been a great day here - washing is all dry and we had a lovely walk too.
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • AlfieBlue
    AlfieBlue Posts: 14,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Things are better now he's at home. :) He's feeding well. He doesn't like to settle in his moses basket but warming it up first with a hot water bottle seems to help, although he still prefers to sleep on me.lol.

Still in alot of pain. Having to sleep sitting up because I can't get out of bed when I lie down. Having to resort to taking my Tramadol because the Paracetamol and Ibuprofen the hospital prescribed aren't doing anything. Have some sexy stockings to wear for 6 weeks to prevent DVT and have to have daily injections for 6 weeks to prevent DVT too.

Hope everything is okay with everyone. :)

Well done LM, you are doing brilliantly. I still sometimes have to sleep sitting up but now manage to curl up in a sort of half wee ball now and again on my side which is bliss - though I then have to work out how to pull myself up so i can get out of bed sometimes. Then my pillows misbehave and go all over the place! Have many pillows on the go at the mo!. But i still use them to sort of prop myself up as i cant cope with lying flat. But then i still seem to slither off them. !! And find myself all over the place!! Sometimes i stiffen up. Its getting easier though. Cat can never really get her head round my night time sleeping activities :rotfl::rotfl: I too had the sexy stockings :D Nice bright white things and my god, once they were on, they were on. Trying to take them on and off for washing was a feat in itself - had to have help to start with!!! And had to make sure they were pulled up properly!! The bonus was they kept me legs lovely and warm.:o It's early days for you yet, and you will get stronger as every day goes by. Dexter obviously loves his mum!!! :):A

Take care and love to you all. Alfie xxxx
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    <3
  • Barnabysue
    Barnabysue Posts: 9,058 Forumite
    Options
    Hi LM, glad to hear it's going well :)

Isn't this sad, the poor woman must have been in a state to go to this extreme, I hope the hoaxers feel suitably ashamed of themselves.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20645838
    Luck is believing you’re lucky – Tennessee Williams

May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night – Anonymous
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,842 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    sheils6 wrote: »
    Great prizes FF! I've just won a nail varnish from the Stella Beauty Comp - three guesses who will claim that. If it comes in time I will put it in her Xmas stocking though.
    Been a great day here - washing is all dry and we had a lovely walk too.

:j:j brill, well done :j:j
    hope it does come in time, fingers crossed xx
    sounds like you've had a fabby day :j
    not been very nice here, far to cold out & been drizzly with rain so haven't been far again :eek:
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Barnabysue wrote: »
    Hi LM, glad to hear it's going well :)

Isn't this sad, the poor woman must have been in a state to go to this extreme, I hope the hoaxers feel suitably ashamed of themselves.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20645838

Yeah I saw this on yahoo earlier - it is dreadful but you do feel she must have had other problems too as she hadn't been suspended or anything.
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • AlfieBlue
    AlfieBlue Posts: 14,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Oooooh! Can I toot me own horn on an achievement today? :p

To put it briefly (though as you all know I don't do briefly :o) - I have a wonderful very elderly aunt who lives way over the other side of the world. She is in poor health now but still manages to keep in contact with me and my family, sending us news and photo's and always asking after us. She is a mega sweet pea and we love her to bits. We always keep in contact and I typed a lovely long letter to her last night (I type now in large type because her sight is not so good and its better for her to be able to read rather than the handwritten word).

Blow me, flipping printer gave up the ghost!!!! :eek::eek: Well - after some blue air and errrrm some naughty words:o - I decided to tackle it. Im not good on the computer, unless its running fine. I dont understand a lot of things. However i said to myself: Alfie, you are fairly intelligent sometimes so just get your head round this. Kids werent here to help so out came the manual. Trawling through, had to go into this and that, that and this, didnt know whether i was coming or going!!!

Was just about to give up and it fired up!!!! Only taken me from 7am this morning!!!! I know it seems silly, just a printer, and to many its probably a no brainer, but to me - it meant the world to get that printer working and see my letter printed off!! Yay!!!! Aunt will now receive her letter!! :):):) xxxx
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    <3
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills