IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

ANPR Parking Ticket

Options

Comments

• bondy_lad
    bondy_lad Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ok, whats going on? my post has been deleted in which i asked op who issued ticket/invoice and who was it payable to? also ops reply gone, i think it was post 3 & 4 have i broken some rule? if so what,thank you.
  • RENEGADE_2
    Options
    sarahgti wrote: »
    So whats the point in parking meters and fining people?
    Everyone I work with is saying they will take it to court etc because if ignoring them worked then surely everyone would do it?!?!
    I don't want to get my mum more "fines" by ignoring it.

Hi SarahGTI, what I'm about to tell you concerns the PRIVATE sector only, in other words, what concerns you at the moment.

Landowners do have the right to charge persons to park, this justifies the meters. However, they do not have the right to penalise. In cases where people do not pay, the landowner may only pursue losses. So, if you park for one hour without paying where the hourly fee was 50p, then 50p is the landowner's loss. Or if it is free as I am suspecting this retail park is, then losses=zero.

For anyone to print on the signage, "by breaching our terms, you AGREE to pay £60, reduced to £40 of paid within 10 days" is absurd if he believes this threat is enforceable. This amounts to a penalty, and penalties are unlawful if issued by one citizen to another. The retail park owner will need to establish the driver (NOT the keeper) and then satisfy the County Court that he is only replenishing losses. Since he is not doing any of this, whoever the keeper is has no obligation to reply to any letter. They may seem official but they are a certified scam contrived to frighten you or your mum into paying. Nowhere on the documents will you see the word "fine" or "penalty", and if you do, the game is over for them immediately - report it to Trading Standards.

You will receive nothing but invoices, and after four or five, they will stop, and your case with them will self-destruct and life will go on as though the episode never took place. If they try court, they will lose. You see, it would not be before magistrates in a "State vs You" scenario, but a County Court which presides over a civil dispute. You say their losses are nothing, they reckon losses are whatever stupid fee the debt collector is charging.

Ask yourself this, if losses are £60, why are they letting you off with £40 before a certain date? Wouldn't that be silly if it left them £20 out of pocket?

If losses are £40, how do they justify an overnight jump to £60 unless it is an illegal penalty?

You and your mother can relax! Ignore anything relating to this allegation!
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    Guys shouldn't you be asking who issued this before saying ignore ? I know it looks and smells like a private parking company but let's get all the facts. So who issued this to your mum op . Also knowing also gives us a chance to see if they are AOS members
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • RENEGADE_2
    RENEGADE_2 Posts: 948 Forumite
    edited 4 October 2012 at 5:29AM
    Options
    Going on from the above comment, we need to know exactly when this ticket was issued. If any time from October 1st, then AOS membership applies, if before that date then we know then "ignore" route is in effect.

Can the OP provide the exact name of the private parking company and the date of issue? It may be that you need to communicate once or twice. Don't worry - not an appeal, but a new way of telling them to buggеr off will be effective, and we'll explain how.
  • sarahgti
    sarahgti Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    It's from Excel Parking and was issued 28th September 2012.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,972 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    sarahgti wrote: »
    It's from Excel Parking and was issued 28th September 2012.

As we thought. Then the initial 'ignore' advice stands of course. :)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • sarahgti
    sarahgti Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you very much. I'll keep you informed on the threatograms!
  • bondy_lad
    Options
    taffy056 wrote: »
    Guys shouldn't you be asking who issued this before saying ignore ? I know it looks and smells like a private parking company but let's get all the facts. So who issued this to your mum op . Also knowing also gives us a chance to see if they are AOS members

thats what i did in my original response to op, but somehow/one has deleted my post and their response,incredible really, still dont know why?????? any offers.

to op excel are a bunch of scammers, now do your homework about their fake tickets and what letters to expect from roxburghe and graham white,all to be completely ignored, its a scam.
  • bondy_lad
    Options
    oops,oh dear, ime losing it, post not deleted,i was mistakenly refering to another thread, by stacey pat,,off to the docs now for some memory testing,sorry if caused offence.
  • RENEGADE_2
    RENEGADE_2 Posts: 948 Forumite
    Options
    bondy_lad wrote: »
    oops,oh dear, ime losing it, post not deleted,i was mistakenly refering to another thread, by stacey pat,,off to the docs now for some memory testing,sorry if caused offence.

We all confuse ourselves. Normally I click on "all posts" to find these hidden bones.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport