1p and 2p supermarket bargains

Options

Comments

• Cake4brains
    Options
    Hi, sorry for the delay. The Karvol vapour rub with menthol is 45g, suitable from 6months and barcode is 5000167035766
    :j:T Gorgeous twin girls born 1st Nov 2012 :T:j
  • Beetlemama
    Beetlemama Posts: 1,153 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They usually do this when they are clearing an old barcode out. I had some 2p toothpaste the other day (last one of that barcode, shame) and yesterday we had some 2p chocolate coins. Will check for this one when I'm in there tomorrow :)
    "There is no substitute for time."

Competition wins:
    2013. Three bottles of oxygen! And a family ticket to intech science centre. 2011. The Lake District Cheese Co Cow and bunny pop up play tent, cheese voucher, beach ball and cuddly toy cow and bunny and a £20 ToysRus voucher!
  • caroc
    caroc Posts: 935 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 28 January 2013 at 11:10AM
    Options
    I bought a 1p item in M&S yesterday. It was a blank greetings card with a rugby theme picture on the front. It's happened to me before in M & S where something has gone through for 1p. I think its old sale stuff that has been put out with the xmas sale stuff. Its always worth checking the price of sale items, especially if they don't look part of the seasonal sale.
    Still virtually alcohol free since 4/1/15. (10 Xmas/ New Year/Birthday drinks)
    It takes 3500 calories to lose a pound in weight. Target 13 lbs weight loss. 18.5lbs lost 2nd May - 28 September.
  • smid29
    smid29 Posts: 120 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Haribo Christmas Mix (200g) was showing as reduced to 25p (from £1) on clip strips at my local Asda today - but it actually scanned at 2p. Far from not selling it to me, the checkout lady pointed it out and asked me if I wanted to get some more (I most certainly did! :)).
  • lili03022003
    Options
    I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but today fruit and nut 400g toblerones were scanning in Tesco at 1p each!
  • bcw123
    bcw123 Posts: 980 Forumite
    Options
    thanks did you buy one if so can you let us know the barcode
  • discowill
    discowill Posts: 141 Forumite
    Options
    I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but today fruit and nut 400g toblerones were scanning in Tesco at 1p each!

Any chance of that barcode? Please
  • lili03022003
    Options
    The barcode is 7 622300 107734.
  • Whalie
    Whalie Posts: 209 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    caroc wrote: »
    I bought a 1p item in M&S yesterday. It was a blank greetings card with a rugby theme picture on the front. It's happened to me before in M & S where something has gone through for 1p. I think its old sale stuff that has been put out with the xmas sale stuff. Its always worth checking the price of sale items, especially if they don't look part of the seasonal sale.

I was buying a pair of earrings last Monday in M&S reduced to £2.25 and when scanned came up as 1p. The assistant said the till was wrong and changed the price back to £2.25!

As I was expecting to pay £2.25 I did not protest but should I?
  • caroc
    caroc Posts: 935 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Whalie wrote: »
    I was buying a pair of earrings last Monday in M&S reduced to £2.25 and when scanned came up as 1p. The assistant said the till was wrong and changed the price back to £2.25!

As I was expecting to pay £2.25 I did not protest but should I?

Well, the till was most definately not wrong as the item had been put on the system as 1p. I would have protested gently and said I'd bought clearance stuff at that price before without a problem because it was discontinued stock. If you have not bought it yet and it was not advertised as being 1p, they can charge you £2.25 and its up to you if you want to buy it. I think the assistant was a bit mean to up the price.
    Still virtually alcohol free since 4/1/15. (10 Xmas/ New Year/Birthday drinks)
    It takes 3500 calories to lose a pound in weight. Target 13 lbs weight loss. 18.5lbs lost 2nd May - 28 September.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure