PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

OS Daily Moday 1st October 2012

Options
1235»

Comments

• Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening all,

JackieO that's lovely news about your brother
    LW buy yourself a bar of dark choc every week, 89p from Mr A I treat myself every week, it helps with my weight loss as I only need a tiny bit.

I found a gorgeous recipe for marinade for pork chops, it was absolutely delish

1 tablespoon soy sauce
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil
    1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    1 teaspoon lemon juice
    2 tablespoons brown sugar
    2 tablespoons ketchup
    6 pork chops, trimmed

Drizzle any excess over the rice and all store cupboard ingredients I had in anyway.

Just going back to dribbling over Nigella's recipes
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • flutterbyuk25
    flutterbyuk25 Posts: 7,009 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all

(((((hugs))))) to all those with stupid OH's. Makes me glad I'm single!
    JackieO - glad DB is in remission x

Loooong day for me. I was in work at 8am. As I was away last week with work I wanted to catch up on stuff, but was on a course all of today so went in early to clear my emails etc. My course was "Welsh in the Workplace". It was a fun day, but TBH I knew all the phrases already but it was good to practise them. The teacher was lovely, and we got a free lunch :D.

Then I had college tonight straight from work. It was a good session though. After college I called in on a lady who contacted me to say she had approx 100 plastic bottles to donate for my work kids greenhouse project. When I got there she must have had 300+ :j, should almost have enough now.

Finally got home at 8pm, quick jacket spud for tea. Now watching New Tricks.

Nada OS really :o

Nos da pawb/Night all

x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • floss2
    floss2 Posts: 8,030 Forumite
    Options
    Lame Wolf, cashews & almonds, apricots, dates & raisins are all good iron-rich snacky foods...although a tad high in calories! I would second the dark chocolate - Sainsbury's do a pack of five mini-bars of 85% dark chocolate in a packet for £1.39 which is really very nice, and half a bar is just enough of a chocolate "hit"!
  • Time_to_face_the_music
    Options
    JackieO wrote: »
    Good evening everyone I just got in from Dds and checked my answerphone and my lovely big brother who lives in France left me a cheery message to say the he is at long last in remission from his Leukaemia:j:j:j

That is wonderful news, you and your family must be so happy. He's been a fighter since he was born and is still one today :)
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    JackieO....so glad to hear Davy's news...you deserve a g&t!

Going to doctor in morning as I am sooo tired no matter how much sleep I get....currently 12 hours seems to be the norm and I can't afford the time!

OK weatherwise here this morning but heavy showers ( so classed as stopped once an hour for 5 mins), washing is on airers and I will have ironing to do....hope I get the iron right way up, not sure when last ironing was done here!

We had lo roast beef for dinner....OH cooked some peppers, mushrooms, onions and chillies together and with some steamed spuds and leftover turnip dinner was lovely....we have a great crop of chillies this year so are eating them in something every day.

Good luck to Molly and LW on the hunt for iron rich foods....I suffered badly with anaemia until after DD1 was born and have been fine ever since....not sure why as don't think that my diet changed substantially.

Have cut out the crochet and not done much knitting, used some steroid cream that we had on 'crochet' rash and it is calming down quite a bit....one of those mysteries of life but it really annoys me.

Hugs to all, stay well and sleep soundly

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    JackieO-
    Lovely news about Davy.I hope you enjoyed your G&T if you had one.

Not been on much as have been getting our small lounge ready for redecorating,so been really busy all day.Re-united lots of cds with their cases,put some stuff in the loft,chucked some-looks a lot tidier now.

HM soup for lunch-I made it last week,and for tea I made something we had in France the other week that we really enjoyed,it was mashed spud base,granny Smith apples sliced,then topped with black pudding.Even put it in a fancy cooking ring:).It was ok,but not as nice as the French one-the black pud seemed a lot drier.

Anyway time for bed,Leo dog is snoring his head off.Sweet dreams everybody.x
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport