PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 1st October 2012

Options

Comments

• SpiritoftheSouthWest
    Options
    hi fellow flyers.

I've managed to do all on the list bar the vacuuming -I got the vacuum out but that is as far as I got; so I will do that tomorrow.

x

Spirit
    Joined Slimming World originally in December 05 at 17st 9lb and then followed a very hilly route. I now weigh 11st 12 lbs. Whoops, I'll now have to confess to being 12st 12lbs.:o
  • charlylovesphil
    Options
    May I join please?!
  • SavingJane
    SavingJane Posts: 2,323 Forumite
    Options
    Pops head in (i was here many many moons ago) the place is a tip and causing rows i can't let us go on like it so need to pull my finger out

Not helped with can't do washing atm as dryer is down (being sorted but waiting on parts to come in before they can fix it again, broke day after they last came out)

Oct is going to be a v painful month money wise so need to least try and keep place tidy/clean so we have less rows over it so keep the stress levels down a touch.

I shall join properly 2mora but wanted to take 1st step while i was reading round

Today i have done the meal plan for oct, so least can do a Mr T online shop and try then only buy basic stuff rest of the month to keep shopping down. Worked out only have around £130 after bills for everything this month (that being petrol, food n stuff for LO) I have lost around 500 being in my account each month so it's hitting hard.

2mora I need to

Hoover
    Put on/Empty dishwasher
    Clean LOs table
    Filling away (been meaning to do for weeks)
    Ring estate agents
    Keep spending log

That should do me for day 1, i can't try and do too much or will just fail big time.

Waves to all x
    Mummy to Lewis Born Aug 10
  • bonnie_bumpkins
    Options
    May I join please?!

yes of course... welcome to flyladies... but do tell who phil is and why you love him :p
    *If you have nothing nice to say... say nothing*
    "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." Martin Luther King Jr
  • bonnie_bumpkins
    Options
    Welcome savingjane :wave:
    *If you have nothing nice to say... say nothing*
    "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." Martin Luther King Jr
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 October 2012 at 10:35PM
    Options
    Goodintentions i have to agree with a visit to gp. My daughter, in particular, would get tearful, but it was an on an off thing. I think best to rule it out, so you know what your dealing with. Hope its just teenage blues.
    Charlylovesphil/SavingJane welcome

Kitchen & Dining Room my kitchen is done, so i will catch up on last week and defrost my freezer and do the microwave and window in there, also will try and do the paperwork. I did manage to meal plan for the week, thank god, funds really need to be accounted for. Happy flying, catch up tomorrow.
  • mummyyof5
    mummyyof5 Posts: 1,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bathroom has been signed off today at last...decluttering still and will be for a long time :(

Will be doing LR straight after school run in the morning as have a friend and her LO round for a playdate after nursery...will be playing catch up all week as need a trip to town wednesday...hospital visit Thursday and toddlers Friday...If im not couriering Fri-Mon with OH...wont know till Thursday :eek::eek:

Did iron 50 items of clothing today..basket still not empty..school run twice...WM x3..Dwx3....cleaned bathroom..recycling..emptied all bins..washed kitchen bin...and more decluttering.
    and sorted out sock bag...lots thrown away..lots paired up

Still need to do pack ups for 2 LOs and clear LOs table.

Have only had chance to skim thread so hugs,spoons etc as needed xx
    Feeding 6 Adults 1 Teen a 8 year old with hollow legs and a very fussy 5 year old. Also 3 cats and 3 fishies
    To include all Food,Toiletries and Petfood.
  • kazmeister
    kazmeister Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening ladies

Thanks for the thread juliejim and dusty for last weeks. Managed to do my usual and lose sight of the flight path although we were still flying (I see we as DH actually helped out last week with stuff while I was at work!)

There are lots of hugs needed and welcomes to new peeps.
    Ionafan - thats a fabulous house you made and well done on the ebay sales
    For those with children grown up and headed off to uni, youll be surprised how quickly the time goes. I had a major melt down when my DS went away and cant believe he has justgone back for his final year.
    XxJoxx Its hard when theres nothing left in the coffers and still 2 weeks left of the month, I lost sight and thoughtI had only a week left until payday but there are 2 :eek:
    GoodIntentions - sorry to hear about DD. i was shocked when I was in front line services at the number of under 24's on antidepressants. I would suggest the most important thing is to keep communication channels open with DD, ask her if she'd like you to make a doctors appointment for her and then go along to be supportive. Ask him about alternatives before allowing them to dish out anti d's. Big hugs.

Oops flying has been limited to cooking tea for DD and clearing the kitchen afterwards as I've done something to my back over the weekend and keep getting spasms. Hopefully tomorrow will be improved
    Mortgage, we're getting there with the end in sight £6587 07/23, otherwise free of the debt thanks to MSE help!
  • yorkshirepud87
    Options
    Well all of your efforts have got me thinking so I've started some lists!

Dailies:
    Make bed
    Feed pets
    Walk dogs
    Wash pots
    S&S kitchen
    S&S bathroom
    Wash a load
    Make tea

Nightlies:
    Prepare clothes
    Make lunch

Alternate Dailies:
    Hoover downstairs
    Clear hotspots
    Disinfect toilets

Weeklies:
    Mop floors
    Hoover upstairs
    Dust
    Change bed
    Do meal plan
    Clean kitchen
    Clean bathroom

Does that seem about right? That's what I'm aspiring too. My house is not massively untidy or dirty, but it can and does soon soon build up!

Out of curiosity what products do you use to clean?
    I use cheap baby wipes for a quick swish with Dettol anti-bac spray. It seems to work well! For a more thorough clean I'll use a specific area spray and cloths.

Thanks in advance x
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!:j
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 2 October 2012 at 1:44AM
    Options
    Yorkshirepud welcome - I use vinegar and microfibre cloth. I do have a floor and hand steam cleaner, so i use them, essential oils for smell and their antibacterial properties, usually orange or lemon oil. Bleach down the loo. I try to do it mainly natural, but I have added a few chemical things, namely stardrops and elbow grease, but i find you cant beat vinegar, oh yes and baby oil on my kitchen worktops to shine them.

p.s. - do you know that lists are added to the first post daily on what room to do, but obviously you don't have to stick to them if you have your own agenda - just thought id mention it, as i did not realise for ages.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure