Tesco Christmas Delivery Slots

Options

Comments

• BungleGirl
    Options
    Can I just ask what is probably a silly question?

I've booked my Christmas delivery slot - do I now need to order stuff and complete check out and the amend it closer to the time?

It's just that my email said that I can continue placing other orders before then as normal but it is saying that my Christmas slot is only reserved for two hours...so I'm confused!

This is probably due to the fact that I'm not usually this organised and end up joining the crowds in the supermarkets a couple of days before Christmas and ending up stressed and without a lot of what I wanted to get :rotfl:
  • whenIretire
    Options
    BungleGirl wrote: »
    Can I just ask what is probably a silly question?

I've booked my Christmas delivery slot - do I now need to order stuff and complete check out and the amend it closer to the time?

It's just that my email said that I can continue placing other orders before then as normal but it is saying that my Christmas slot is only reserved for two hours...so I'm confused!

This is probably due to the fact that I'm not usually this organised and end up joining the crowds in the supermarkets a couple of days before Christmas and ending up stressed and without a lot of what I wanted to get :rotfl:

Yes - you need to complete checkout to get it to save the slot permanently, and then you can amend it as usual. Mine has just got some bottles of booze in it to get it over the £40 for the delivery saver, and I'll amend it nearer the time. Will need to remember tho, else all we'll have is booze:rotfl:
  • k_moor25
    k_moor25 Posts: 279 Forumite
    Options
    All our slots are nearly fully booked up already glad I got in this morning before the email was sent. I do feel sorry for non priority customers as they wont have alot of choice or maybe they wont have a choice. I think these slots could be all booked up by tonight.
  • Storck
    Storck Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did priority customers get access to click and collect times as well? Or just delivery slots
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
  • kezf
    Options
    k_moor25 wrote: »
    All our slots are nearly fully booked up already glad I got in this morning before the email was sent. I do feel sorry for non priority customers as they wont have alot of choice or maybe they wont have a choice. I think these slots could be all booked up by tonight.

Same here! The email arrived as I was driving home from work & when I got it & checked 5 mins ago, there are no slots left for my address on 23rd! Glad I was working somewhere that had a 3G signal today as otherwise wouldn't have checked in on my Facebook post!
  • k_moor25
    k_moor25 Posts: 279 Forumite
    Options
    yea just checked online 22nd and 23rd booked up only 21st left now
  • Fi_1966
    Fi_1966 Posts: 180 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    :beer: Just got the last 23rd slot for my area but in fairness I was sent the email at 2 o'clock this afternoon and missed it!!
    500 extra club card points as well
    Debt Free Wannabe!!!
    LIGHT BULB MOMENT (Jan 10) -£34k worth of debt!!!!:oJune 11- debt under 13k:)
    CC - [STRIKE]6000[/STRIKE] 0 paid in full!!,LOAN 1 -[STRIKE]9750[/STRIKE] 6251, CAR LOAN -[STRIKE]12000[/STRIKE] 5913, HP -[STRIKE]6000[/STRIKE] 0 paid in full!!
    AIM TO BE DEBT FREE BY OCTOBER 2014.:T
  • lolly3
    lolly3 Posts: 578 Forumite
    Options
    Yeh mine booked too for Sunday morning - just hope they don't run out of stuff
  • Storck
    Storck Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sunday is the worst day for availability and substitutions, so god knows what it will be like on 23rd
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,520 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Shopped with Tesco for years. Once a week online delivery, like clockwork every Tuesady 6pm-8pm slot. Even booked shopping for when we came back off holiday. Used to book my slot at Christmas asap once I go that email...I was a 'valued' customer...!

Haven't signed up the delivery saver, so no priority email this year. My partner lost his job a month ago (luckily he's just got another job) so doubt we will get a slot now.

We have been shopping at Lidl but would have liked the convinience of a Tesco shop this Christmas.

Not be this year. Tesco have gone down in my estimation, not happy with their bullying/bribing tactics.

I must have spent a small fortune with them over the years.

Merry Christmas to all that have a slot! :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport