IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Can they register a claim anywhere?

Options

Comments

• EHBA
    EHBA Posts: 88 Forumite
    Options
    Let's wait and see what the OP advises. I don't think this is Devere anyway as they are registered in N London.

The OP stated that 'whoever' PPC have threatened to issue court proceeedings if he hasn't paid by 4 Oct.This seems to have been a long running saga for a 70yr old and he has asked for advice to help get the situation over and done with.

Apart from sending one letter the OP has been ignoring, but the problem hasn't gone away. Saying ignore some more will not necessarily make his problem go away soon and for all time.

Not fair to hi-jack the thread with a Devere discussion but in answer to Taffy's question, they are not issuing tens of thousands of tickets pa and taking 250 to court thay are possibly issuing 500/1000 tickets pa and taking 250 as far as court action. It's a one man band and he's good at what he does. Lets say the threat of court and afew actual wins at court cough up 200 plus cases at £200/250 a pop, not bad for doing a bit of paperwork at home and a manageable weekly workload

We probably see on the forums a typical percentage of what is, overall, a small number of Devere targets/victims. If Taffy goes through, for example, the Buster and BmthDriver Devere threads on pepipoo or on here 'Devere Parking Services counterclaim for costs' thread. There's plenty of detail, a name and reasons why Devere keep a very low profile and why 'they' don't crow about what they do, or what I think must be quite a reasonable success rate. Go to their website and see the link - parking charge notice process - that's what they do.
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    I have seen their website and like other AOS websites they have been reported to the dvla, but the point is still the same ignore all ppcs no matter who they are unless you get stamped mcol papers through the door. That is going to change from Monday and this company like others must change because of popla if they wish to remain in the AOS .

And there is no way that he is going to win all the cases no matter how good, statistically he has been in front of a judge maybe 15-20 times last year and won probably half of that again, the rest either put a defence they felt was to good to bother with, paid up before getting to court or was dropped for a myriad of other reasons.
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • 27col
    27col Posts: 6,554 Forumite
    Options
    Hallo merleydave, is there anybody there?
    How about you answer the question and tell us who the demands are from!
    I can afford anything that I want.
    Just so long as I don't want much.
  • merleydave
    Options
    merleydave wrote: »
    Started receiving demands for £150 for pcn issued 2 years ago, four months after the event and by different company, first one had gone into liqiudation. Checked site at the time and all signs had been removed and there were no parking restrictions, so thought it was a scam and ignored it. Heard no more until July this year when the first demand came. I made the mistake of replying and the demands have kept coming, although I believe they have no legal case. the point is the company registered office is in Hampshire, the pcn was issued in Dorset, but I have received a letter saying if I don' pay by 4/10 the claim will be registered in Nothampton County Court. Is this just another tactic to stop me going to fight the claim? Also, under the new Protection of Freedoms Act could I invoke POPLA if you think the independant appeals process is any good? I am 70 and could do with a little help to avoid all this hassle.

Sorry didn't get back earlier but had to rush off to deal with an even older Mum! Thanks for all the replies and help. As it happens, I got the answer to my question in the post yesterday. The companies concerned were AS Securi-T and VP Parking Solutions. My answer came from the insolvency service who informed me that VP Parking Solutions had not purchased the assests of the liquidated company and by using their trading name were in breach of section 216 of the insolvency act 1986. They are now investigating the director and have asked me to provide additional information to help in this.
    Sounds like a result for the 'plebs'!
  • taffy056
    Options
    VPS and the liquidated company are the same people Renshaw-Smith will be the director, interestingly they have been suspended from getting RK details from the dvla for serious misconduct, I am sure the dvla would love to hear from you about this illegal practice, would you like the email address to write too, you could even scan the letter in for them. They could be expelled instead of suspended ;)
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
  • trisontana
    Options
    Are you sure Renshaw Smith owns VPS? I think you might be confusing it with VCS.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • taffy056
    Options
    trisontana wrote: »
    Are you sure Renshaw Smith owns VPS? I think you might be confusing it with VCS.

Could be lol but the fact is vps are suspended and they did own the liquidated company I guess as they got a trading as company in the same or similar name now
  • merleydave
    Options
    taffy056 wrote: »
    VPS and the liquidated company are the same people Renshaw-Smith will be the director, interestingly they have been suspended from getting RK details from the dvla for serious misconduct, I am sure the dvla would love to hear from you about this illegal practice, would you like the email address to write too, you could even scan the letter in for them. They could be expelled instead of suspended ;)

Yes can do. I have an Athwal as director. Can't remember first Name without going onto Companies House website. I had intended to send all info to BPA as well, but don't know how pro-active they are I note that at least one of their membership lists still shows AS Securi-T as current, even though they were wound up in April 2011.
  • BASFORDLAD
    Options
    Yep Taffy you got the two a bit confused :)

Merleydave you can ignore any letters they send you as they dont do court despite the offical sounding letters!

Dont bother sending owt to the BPA , they really wont be interested and will make some excuse as it is in reality a members club
    For everthing else there's mastercard.
    For clampers there's Barclaycard.
  • bazster
    bazster Posts: 7,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Great stuff merleydave, well done!
    Je suis Charlie.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories