Icesave account ... Account holder opinions/experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Reckon I'll open an account today then! :T Thanks everyone :money:
  • lolly5648
    lolly5648 Posts: 2,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I found them slow to transfer money out to my Natwest account - booked it Monday afternoon to happen immediately, didnt appear at Natwest until the Friday. This was in February.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    lolly5648 wrote: »
    I found them slow to transfer money out to my Natwest account - booked it Monday afternoon to happen immediately, didnt appear at Natwest until the Friday. This was in February.

How wierd is that!! The first "negative" comment right after I've opened an account! :eek: I've no regrets; it looks like a really good account to me. I've just had to call them, and they answered within about 2 minutes, and were very polite and helpful. Fingers crossed... :D
  • Optimist
    Optimist Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Another happy customer, it took just over a week from applying to getting everything set up. This was about 6 months ago
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."

Bertrand Russell. British author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)
  • home_alone
    home_alone Posts: 755 Forumite
    Options
    Happy with them as well got a bigish 6 figure sum with them no problems at all.

gary
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I appreciate all your comments :T
  • 65special
    65special Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    It's thumbs up from me and the OH.
  • Tommaso46
    Tommaso46 Posts: 74 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    "Anyone got anything bad to say about the Icesave account ?!! "

YES I opened one about about 3 months ago and here's what I discovered:

It takes a minimum of 10 days to transfer money in/out. So if you need money in a hurry you're sunk unless you pay extra for the quick transfer method.

After a while I found it was impossible to carry out transactions on my account. I was able to log in and see my account, but putting money on or taking it out was impossible. I have other online accounts and never experienced this problem before.

I had Icesave's IT people investigate the problem. This took WEEKS during which, my account could not be used.

They came to the conclusion that because I use a dialup connection from home (I am not happy about accessing my private accounts from my work computer), it was taking too long for their pages to download and I was getting timed out every time.

THis makes no sense to me because at the beginning I did not have this problem and, as I say, I operate a number of other accounts online wiithout such problems.

Icesave seem extremely proud of their super-secure website. Unfortunately this is based on their assumption that everyone is using broadband all the time.

In the end, Icesave forced me to CLOSE THE ACCOUNT because I was unable to operate it.

BE WARNED!
  • LeifGR
    LeifGR Posts: 188 Forumite
    Options
    I applied for an account right when they started up, have had good customer service and no problems since then.

For me, transfers to and from both Cahoot and Nationwide have been very quick (either two or three days) and the only hassle is that you need to fill in two forms per linked account (one for money in, one for money out).

Would happily recommend to anyone, good luck Goldfinger.
  • codetown
    codetown Posts: 685 Forumite
    Options
    LeifGR wrote: »
    For me, transfers to and from both Cahoot and Nationwide have been very quick (either two or three days) and the only hassle is that you need to fill in two forms per linked account (one for money in, one for money out).

Could you explain what you mean? Up to now I only made deposits (i.e. money in). They were very quick (2 days) and I was not asked to fill any forms (only select online which account to take money from).
    The only form I remember filling was the initial one (once you open the account) to set-up the direct debit and allow exchange of money among the accounts. Is there anything else I have missed?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure