Options
    dear son, dear daughter
    :D I am in the future you know...
    ...9 hours ahead to be exact !:D
  • Fritha_2
    Fritha_2 Posts: 1,447 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    When my cousin was pregnant they told her drinking an ice cold glass of water would make the baby move. So her husband duly provided the water. Waited while she drank it. Waited some more. Got bored and rubbed the ice cold glass over my cousin's tummy. That got the baby moving. He was banned from ever doing that again!

Just thought you might like to have a play! Glad you felt some movement Emma I've been reading your posts and have been worrying along with you!
    Comping, freebieing and trying to pay the mortgage off early!
  • inkie
    inkie Posts: 2,609 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Movements : first baby 18-22 weeks, second and subsequent babies = 16-20 weeks, are the times when we would be expecting movements to be first felt.
  • bunty109
    bunty109 Posts: 1,265 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Tashja wrote: »
    Hi

I don't post offten but read the boards religiously !!!

I am nearly 14 weeks pregnant with our 3rd baby. I understand I might start to feel movements earlier then with my other 2 but can anyone let me know how much earlier ??? Would 14 weeks be too early ??

I also had 2 losses last year - including twins so I too am eager to feel something as I don't have a scan booked until May !!

Thank you all

T xx

I definitely felt my third move a lot earlier than the others. I seem to recall 15 weeks for sure so I wouldn't be shocked at 14 weeks!

Good luck!
    MFW 2019#24 £9474.89/£11000 MFW 2018#24 £23025.41/£15000
    MFi3 v5 #53 £12531/
    MFi3 v4 #53 £59442/£39387
  • TITEASCRAMP
    TITEASCRAMP Posts: 1,744 Forumite
    Options
    lottee wrote: »
    dear son, dear daughter

cheers for that
  • barjam_2
    barjam_2 Posts: 1,667 Forumite
    Options
    i'm pretty sure its a movement but as someone it will all depend on where the baby is lying when i was pregnant with my 3rd i was concerned at approx 22 weeks i wasnt feeling much, so the mw used the sonicaid (little mike they put on the belly for heartbeat) and she kept saying did you not feel that?? a few times i just kep saying never felt a thing, she said are you kidding!!!! its doing somersaults:rotfl: :rotfl: so he must have been lying really far back (my explanation anyway) and he weren't little neither 9lb 40z any way good luck and enjoy it

as someone else said wait til you get the elbows and feet:confused::confused: its amazing,:T ohh and the hicups:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • izoomzoom
    izoomzoom Posts: 1,564 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pretty sure you are feeling movement, but you will really only know in the next few days / coming weeks as you feel your baby move more and more.

Only then will you be able to say with certainty whether you actually felt baby really moving.
  • Snaggles
    Snaggles Posts: 19,503 Forumite
    Options
    It's so exciting feeling the baby move at first, isn't it. Although I'm 35 weeks pregnant now, and some of those movements are getting rather uncomfortable....what is it with babies and bladders?? Do they aim for them on purpose??? I had to limp upstairs to the loo with my legs nearly crossed earlier after a particularly vicious headbutt! :rotfl:
    "I wasn't wrong, I just wasn't right enough."
    :smileyhea
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes, it definitely sounds like movement (quickening they used to call it in my day). At four months you are bang on time! Good l uck!
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family