baby movement??

Options
hello!!
im 17 + 4 pregnant. and think i may have just felt movement i know theres plenty of mums and musm to be (and even midwife!) who read this so please tell me if was movement or not!
felt like something tickling me from inside, and my belly flipped about three times, like when you go over a bump or a hill in the car (sorry im so rubbish at explaining it!) wasnt so much like butterfly wings as ppl have said, although could have been the tickling ?! but it was above my belly button so i dont know, as thought it would be low down ?
i havent told my hubby yet in case it isnt movement
i had a loss last year so im desperate to feel this one move and know all is well

opinions please!!!!!

Comments

• Curious_George_2
    Options
    it sounds like movement to me,
    it will be sporadic to start with but will get more and more often,

try having a cough, my daughter used to move just after i did that
    dont do it too often though or the baby will get its own back some how (they always do! lol)
  • nats3006
    nats3006 Posts: 1,627 Forumite
    Options
    awwwww how this brings back memorys! defo sounds like a movement a flutter is more like bubbles like when u have got wind!!! LOL.
    enjoy it while it lasts cos soon it will start hurting it kicks yout hat hard LOl
    Good luck with the birth as well!
    they soon grow up doesnt seem 2 minutes since i was pregnant had ds1 in 04 and ds2 in november 06!! how time flies!!
    xx
    "Have you ever noticed that if you rearranged the letters in mother in law, they come out to Woman Hitler?":p :p:p

If money doesn't grow on trees then why do banks have branches?:D

Can you breathe out of your nose and mouth at the same time?:cool:

Why don't the hairs on your arms get split ends?:mad:
  • comping_cat
    comping_cat Posts: 24,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I agree, sounds like movement to me!!! I remember with DS, it was around 17-18 weeks when i first felt 'something', it didnt take long before those little feelings became proper kicks!!!
    With DD, i got the feelings much earlier - around 14-15 weeks, no idea why tho!!!
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Keep a note of the times when you feel it. If it happens at a similar time each day, it probably is kicking.

I felt mine more on an evening between 9pm-ish and going to sleep. I think it was because my body was more still chilling out at that time of the evening, so I was able to feel it more than when I was on my feet during the day.
    Here I go again on my own....
  • Scarlett1
    Scarlett1 Posts: 6,887 Forumite
    Options
    emma_b wrote: »
    felt like something tickling me from inside, and my belly flipped about three times, like when you go over a bump or a hill in the car
    I loved that feeling, its even more amazing when you feel and see the baby roll over inside you, good luck with your pregnancy :T
  • Eels100
    Eels100 Posts: 984 Forumite
    Options
    That sounds about right Emma, it's really amazing how you can go from feeling nothing to feeling proper prods and kicks. Mine started at about 19 weeks and was mainly just below my belly button but it all depends on how your baby is lying, and also your position (I often get kicked higher up when I'm sitting down for some reason). Things I do to get it moving (usually when I'm needlessly panicking :o) include drinking a glass of ice cold water, lying down quietly or getting its father to have stern words with it - baby loves its dad more than its mum, it's always wriggling if he talks or touches my belly! The movement is absolutely the best bit - I really love being pregnant now I can feel it!
  • Justie
    Justie Posts: 1,768 Forumite
    Options
    aw great news Emma :T

Try putting something heavy (ish) on your belly - or get your OH to lie with his head on your belly. LO usually doesn't like being cramped and may push against it... it might be too early for anything that definite though. My first moves were when I was lying on my back in bed and the knee pillow was digging in to my tum... Don't worry if you don't feel anything for another couple of days that's normal at this point.
  • lottee
    lottee Posts: 1,389 Forumite
    Options
    As everyone else says, it does sound like baby movement!

Wait until you see a foot or an elbow moving across your belly! A strange but at the same time lovely feeling.

Probably not suppoed too, but later on in my pregnancy, I used to 'poke' my
    belly, & quite often used to get a 'poke' back!

Good luck with everything x
    :D I am in the future you know...
    ...9 hours ahead to be exact !:D
  • Magic_Dragon
    Magic_Dragon Posts: 277 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

I am 31 weeks pregnant with my first.c I first felt little flutters around 18 weeks.

Dont mean to sound horrible but it might not be baby moving!

The feelings you describe certainly do sound like early movements BUT At 17 weeks your uterus isnt above your belly botton yet. As a general rule your uterus is at your belly button by 20 weeks.

If you have feeling lower down these are more likely to be baby!

Hope everything goes well for you!

Claire x
  • Tashja
    Tashja Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi

I don't post offten but read the boards religiously !!!

I am nearly 14 weeks pregnant with our 3rd baby. I understand I might start to feel movements earlier then with my other 2 but can anyone let me know how much earlier ??? Would 14 weeks be too early ??

I also had 2 losses last year - including twins so I too am eager to feel something as I don't have a scan booked until May !!

Thank you all

T xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family