On benifits and have been left inheritance

Options
124»

Comments

• princessdon
    Options
    Mojisola wrote: »
    And grow old in a steadily deteriorating house because there aren't the funds to keep it in good repair? No thanks!

They have DLA x 2 and ESA and nearing pension credit! not the same as a 30 year old with no disabilities. Just my opinion though.
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,559 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They have DLA x 2 and ESA and nearing pension credit! not the same as a 30 year old with no disabilities. Just my opinion though.

But they have DLA because they have health problems which mean extra expenses. Health problem and/or disabilities also mean that maintenance and repairs have to paid for rather than DIY jobs.

I don't think it makes sense to give up a council house. A secure tenancy with no maintenance worries is worth a lot in peace of mind.
  • enabledebra
    Options
    http://www.foundations.uk.com/about-home-improvement-agencies/

Just to say there is help to keep an owned home maintained if on a low income.
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,559 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    http://www.foundations.uk.com/about-home-improvement-agencies/

Just to say there is help to keep an owned home maintained if on a low income.

Are there any costs?

The first visit and advice is free. Most home improvement agencies charge a fee if you decide to go ahead with any work using their assistance, which can normally be included with any grant you are eligible for. It is your decision whether you want the home improvement agency to help, and any costs will be discussed and agreed with you first.
  • PippaGirl_2
    Options
    It's very confusing having two threads on the exact same subject
    "Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." Dalai Lama
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure