We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Enjoying the journey to becoming debt free - paying back the credit cards

Options

Comments

• fedupandskint
    Options
    Well what a busy day - got loads done. Big tidy up session in the garden and sweep up, de weed and planted out some winter pansies and wall flowers for winter and spring colour. all washing out on the line today - yeah!

Then took mr dog out for his weekend long walk, back to do RI30 L3 Day 4 - still really hard! Then quick ironing session and now its time to get ready!
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • oopsadaisydoddle
    Options
    Hi,

Just been reading your thread and want to say 'Good Luck'! I'm thinking I might do a diary myself as have some cc debt to get rid of.

Just wondered how you managed to lose so much weight? Did you do it on a budget or did you follow a plan?

Keep up the good work!
  • fedupandskint
    Options
    Hi,

Just been reading your thread and want to say 'Good Luck'! I'm thinking I might do a diary myself as have some cc debt to get rid of.

Just wondered how you managed to lose so much weight? Did you do it on a budget or did you follow a plan?

Keep up the good work!

Hi, I lost the weight by joining an online diet plan and sticking to the kcal allowance for the first time ever, changing my diet from crsips and biscuits and lots of cheese and meat along with a increasing the exercise I did. Worked a treat and a change for life! Good look on your journey too
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Hi just read your diary and wanted to say well done so far. Good luck on applying for the new job and I hope you had a good night out last night.

PLMBL Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • fedupandskint
    Options
    Right then update time

Good night out last night - stayed sober and drove getting back at midnight so a rare late night out with a rare lie in too. Quite a frugal night too with £2 on parking, 85p x 2 slimline tonics and lime and £1.75 on the same in a different place. Total £5.45. Not bad for a Sat night out! Especially compared to a pint costing £4.20.

Have just made the damsons from the freezer into a dark purple and very sticky jam for me and for Christmas present hampers. Just under 1kg turned into 5 jars of jam. just realised I might have used too much sugar when I think how much I measured out - oh well never mind should still be ok!

Hoping to come across some reasonably priced greengages or plams over the next few days to make these again this year and then thats the jam done for the year and for me and presents.

This weeks spends are as follows
    Food and household = £27.86
    Toiletries = £ 7.55
    Petrol = £40.02
    Night out = £5.45

Weekly total - £80.88

I'm happy with this total for the week - did well reigning the shopping budget in to almost £25 and only went over by a £2.86 and if I hadn't bought the extra yoghurts and dairy milk on Fri I would have come in under budget. Petrol is a means to an end for commuting mainly and can't do much about that budget. Thinking about it I might try and reduce it by £5 and see if it makes a difference to how long it lasts.

Toiletries costs were some for Christmas present hampers and some for my holiday from the bagain shelf only.

Night out costs were very acceptable and its not often I go out these days either!

Pleased to come in under £100 for the week on spends. Lets see how I get on over the next week as I continue to use up stuff from the freezer - half empty box veg sausages anyone? Also egg whites to use up in something and bananas. Might make a chocolate and banana loaf cake to take on holiday next week to use up some of the FIVE bananas in there. Work lunches are going to beusing up the frozen ham and soup in there too. A very boring soup which I'm not looking forward toeating but once its gone, it's gone!
  • fedupandskint
    Options
    Meter readings submitted - bill currently stands at £59.81.

Plan is to submit weekly readings as usual and then aim to pay part of the bill each month - end Sept and then rest on bill day which is 5 November. Then plan is to contiue with this and aim to pay off some of the winter bill each month so as not to leave a huge bill in Feb and May which will be the bigger bills.
  • fedupandskint
    Options
    Me and the dog have been for our usual long weekend walk - no rain as forecast which was a surprise.

Have made a start on the application filling out all the administrative parts leaving a few details left to do along with the big section over the next week

Think I might do that RI30 thing next and then have a couple of hours on uni work as need to get some stuff ready for Thursday's meeting - life in the fast lane!

No need to fab more today as fabbed away yesterday with a facemask, hairpack and also painted my nails. So the only thing I might do is stick another coat on along with a topcoat to hopefully make them last a few more days. Also will get work stuff out later as food is ready to go for lunch tomorrow so there is no extra rushing than normal on a Monday morning!
  • fedupandskint
    Options
    It's a NSD at long last this week

And oh yes, I did it! I finished Ripped in 30 Level 3 - phew glad that one is over! Starting Level 4 tomorrow and aiming to finish this by next weekend. At which point I will have fully completed both workout DVD's with no cheating or phoning it in! A very enjoyable place to be at to know and believe I can do it.

Just enjoyed a lovely tea of leftover tandoori chicken - another very frugal tea. In fact this week will be full of frugality for eating with a lot of low cost meals.
  • fedupandskint
    Options
    Todays spends were £1.97 in Mr S on 2 travel size moisturisers that work out cheaper ml per ml and a travel face mask to take on holiday. Then £2 in Mr T on fruit totalling £3.97 for today on food and toiletries.

Very pleased for doing Level 4 today - went pretty well especially as its the first time today. Felt a real sense of achievment too at getting this far and really looking forward to finishing the level and the whole workout system.

Not much else to report today apart from a long boring day at work again leaving me looking forward to the weekend
  • fedupandskint
    Options
    Looks like today will be a NSD as I am managed to not spend at lunchtime despute feeling the temptation of the pull of a chocolate bar. Managed to put it back and stick to what I took in to eat for lunch and snacks.

Phew!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts