Options
    I use Hubic a French based company.
    25GB free
    100GB 1€ pre month
    10 TB ( yes TB) 10€ per month.
    No file size limits.
    Apps for Android, iPhone etc
    Share facility if you really want it !
    Simple to use,I think easier than Google Drive .
  • oldgiraffe
    oldgiraffe Posts: 24 Forumite
    edited 11 September 2014 at 9:01AM
    Options
    weinsteini wrote: »
    I am looking for a free cloud storage solution that allows me to choose which folder(s) on my PC I want it to sync. Any suggestions?

Have a look at mega.co.nz files are encrypted too.
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,606 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I'm with SugarSync, started off when they were 100% free but then they changed to paid. Got offered a very good discount so am now with them.

Unless I get another good price upon renewal i'd probably change to One Drive which at 15gb would be ample.

The folder issue will be a hassle as mentioned though should that happen!
  • Swissgaz
    Swissgaz Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 12 September 2014 at 5:12PM
    Options
    The big big problem with most of these online storage or cloud storage services that many people have (including myself) is they only sync a specific folder.

Ok you can create sub-folders under that folder but what a lot of people want to is sync their current folders and files rather than having to move them or keep two copies.

Best Regards,
    Nick
    KxMx wrote: »
    The folder issue will be a hassle as mentioned though should that happen!

If you want to sync your personal folders (Documents/Pictures/Music/Movies etc.) simply redirect their location so that they are nested inside the storage services folder. That way everything is synced and their is no need to move files.

When you redirect a folder to a new location, you change where the folder, as well as the files in the folder, are stored. However, you'll still be able to access the folder the same way you did before you redirected it.
  • Tropez
    Tropez Posts: 3,696 Forumite
    Options
    Been using DropBox for years and find it fantastic. I can access it on all my devices (on PCs the icon sits nicely on the taskbar taking me to the folder) and there's a few apps that can connect with DropBox on Android that add extra functionality. I also feel relatively secure with DropBox as they notify you about everything - password changes, new apps and the rest of it.

I have most of my programs set to autosave to DropBox and organising files is quite simple. I also like the fact that I can automatically backup important files on my DropBox to my NAS, and vice versa.

I've been paying for DropBox for a while, so it's most welcome that they've increased my storage but not the price.

I do also have Google Drive and OneDrive, since various applications I use via Google and Microsoft have gifted me space on them. They do get used but mostly only to backup photos I take as I take them.
  • artnada
    Options
    mega.co.nz gives 50GB FREE with encrypted end to end. :beer:
  • bundly
    bundly Posts: 1,039 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ianmackers wrote: »
    There is also JustCloud which has an option for unlimited storage for around $6.95 pm. It has all the usual backup/mobile/sharing fetures...

Cost Plans (www[dot]justcloud[dot]com/help-center/question/128/how-much-does-justcloud-cost)

Here is also a secret link to save you 35%!! (www[dot]justcloud[dot]com/secret-link)

http://justcloudsucks.net/reviews/
  • phlip_m
    Options
    Buy Office 365 Home at £7.99/month and get 1TB each free for up to 5 users thrown in.
  • my-planet
    Options
    Amazon US offer unlimited storage for $59.99. I have a UK amazon account, and can't figure out how to get this US service (login page redirects me to UK login page).

Any hints?
  • Victor_Delta
    Options
    Are you sure the offer is available to UK customers?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure