The local Chinese

From the local chinese i order

- 1 Bag of Chips
- 1 Rice
- 1 Charmane

The total plus the £1.50 delivery charge usually comes to £7. We have previously ordered several times before and they have delivered fine, however they now refuse to deliver because i did not select a main meal!! - I am not into eating meat/chicken.

I dont get why they wont deliver for £7.00 - the local pizza place will! - why cant they?

Comments

• Dominos won't deliver if there isn't a pizza in your order. I suppose it saves people from taking the p and ordering a box of potato wedges for delivery.
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2024 13/53 UU, 11 IN
  • Dominos won't deliver if there isn't a pizza in your order. I suppose it saves people from taking the p and ordering a box of potato wedges for delivery.

I so wish we had a pizza hut round here to deliver, but the nearest one is 4 miles away :-(. I dont like Dominos tbh.
  • Don't forget they probably have to pay the delivery guy - probably £1 per delivery.

PS - Not eating meat or chicken. Could you not just cook cauliflower cheese
  • Kilty_2
    Kilty_2 Posts: 5,818 Forumite
    Surely you couldve (theoretically) have included a main meal there for the same price - would they have delivered that?

If they would then I don't see what their problem is with delivering what you want since it costs the same :confused:
  • rosysparkle
    rosysparkle Posts: 916 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Do you know, I've been idly wondering all day what Charmane is. It suddenly struck me, do you mean chow mein?
  • Most places near us won't deliver if the order is less than £10 (£15 for some). It's fair enough if their policy is based on costs and order prices - as someone said above, they have to pay the delivery person. It's pretty annoying if the order would cost the same if you ordered a main, though!

Maybe you could stop in during a slow time of day, and mention the problem. They might be able to come to arrangement with you, or maybe even expand their vegetarian offerings!
  • Labman_2
    Labman_2 Posts: 952 Forumite
    Do you know, I've been idly wondering all day what Charmane is. It suddenly struck me, do you mean chow mein?

Chow mein came into my head when I first read it too....but I thought nah couldn't be surely...even Googled it with no success. Now think it is Chow mein!
  • slinks
    slinks Posts: 698 Forumite

it's been doing my head in lol wondering what it could be.... :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,277 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What's wrong with students these days? Can't be bothered to use their legs to collect their food! Can't cook for themselves! Can't even learn to spell the name of their favourite food!

I tell you, when I was a student we were so poor that we walked everywhere; we did our own cooking; we even recycled old mattches! Them was the good old days.
  • Mark7799
    Mark7799 Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    - I am not into eating meat/chicken.

I thought chicken was meat:confused::confused:
    Gwlad heb iaith, gwlad heb galon
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income