PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Getting fridges delIvered to flats with no lift

Options
Hi, i need a fridge and washing machine. Anyone know a company that will deliver to a 3rd floor flat with no lift without any issues? Cheers.

Comments

• tbs624
    tbs624 Posts: 10,816 Forumite
    Options
    You could try Ocado and Asda - they will do "no lift" deliveries to doorstep for much of their online orders (unlike Mr S and Mr T) or check out http://www.appliancesonline.co.uk/
  • 19lottie82
    19lottie82 Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    tbs624 wrote: »

don't!

i bought an american fridge freezer from them 3 weeks ago and they left it on the ground floor, i live on the 3rd! luckily i have a strong OH with a strong friend! :rotfl:

some places will deliver and some wont (usually the cheaper places), just check before you buy
  • FireWyrm
    FireWyrm Posts: 6,557 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 30 August 2012 at 12:04PM
    Options
    Make sure there's a case of strongbow for them when they finally haul it up to you.

I once bought a washing machine. There was a knock at the door and a little scappy fellow introduced himself as the delivery driver. I looked at him uncertainly, but figured he wouldnt be in the job if he couldnt do it. He obviously clocked me looking for the washing machine because he said that his 'mate' was just comming with it....Hmmm, I thought. I looked up the road, and there was THE biggest man I had EVER seen literally carrying the washing machine in his arms like a box of packing chips. I kid you not. I watched in absolute amazement as this fella litterally carried the washing machine through my front door and into my kitchen. I was mildly concerned that he (the big guy) wouldnt make it through my door because he seemed both too wide and far too tall for my modest victorian terrace, but somehow he managed. It was one of the most amazing feats of sheer strength I have ever witnessed.
    Debt Free! Long road, but we did it
    Meet my best friend : YNAB (you need a budget)
    My other best friend is a filofax.
    Do or do not, there is no try....Yoda.

[/COLOR]
  • littlesparkles
    Options
    I ordered from Comet and they brought a fridge freezer, washing machine and dishwasher up to my flat! I did contact customer services before ordering and it was fine. They just made sure it was a two man team who came.
  • googler
    googler Posts: 16,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    FireWyrm wrote: »
    .....he said that his 'mate' was just comming with it....Hmmm, I thought. I looked up the road, and there was THE biggest man I had EVER seen literally carrying the washing machine in his arms like a box of packing chips.

You've never seen a grand piano delivered, then....?

I hope this link works... EDIT It does - scroll down to section 3 - "The Stingl Arrives"
  • FireWyrm
    FireWyrm Posts: 6,557 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    googler wrote: »
    You've never seen a grand piano delivered, then....?

I hope this link works... EDIT It does - scroll down to section 3 - "The Stingl Arrives"

Lovely description and I would have loved to see a picture of that but from the language it was obviously long before photography was widespread. I confess to having never seen a piano carried, but the washing machine was quite amazing. I too decided that the best thing I could do to help was to simply get out of his way. I did however clock the wedding ring and briefly thought that I hoped he and his wife had a mattress which minimised 'roll-together' :rotfl:I suspect they would have done well as the live action version of the Silent Night mattress advert.
    Debt Free! Long road, but we did it
    Meet my best friend : YNAB (you need a budget)
    My other best friend is a filofax.
    Do or do not, there is no try....Yoda.

[/COLOR]
  • tbs624
    tbs624 Posts: 10,816 Forumite
    Options
    19lottie82 wrote: »
    don't!

i bought an american fridge freezer from them 3 weeks ago and they left it on the ground floor, i live on the 3rd! luckily i have a strong OH with a strong friend! :rotfl:

some places will deliver and some wont (usually the cheaper places), just check before you buy
    You are right that the OP should check in advance. Clearly your personal experience is at odds with a couple of "reviewers" on the appliances online site who had specifically mentioned delivery , with one specifically referring to being on the 3rd floor and there being no lift IIRC:)
  • reversehalo
    Options
    coop electrical!

Just delivered a dishwasher to us on the second floor (but up three flights of stairs), free delivery, 90-min timeslot, no probs whatsoever :)
  • PurplePow
    PurplePow Posts: 1,143 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I ordered mine from Boots appliances and they delivered to our 3rd floor flat without a lift no problem :)
  • bitsandpieces
    bitsandpieces Posts: 1,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    John Lewis have delivered up several flights of stairs no problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure