Do Dj's really add to a wedding?

Options
Im after some quick advise if poss.

I'm getting married in 4 days and im getting knowhere with the Dj, he was ment to call today and hasn't. He's not the Dj thats doing our wedding and won't give the contact detials of the Dj that is :mad:. The manager of venue admits his communication is not good and hes not cheap either.

I'm really toying with the idea of canceling him, so do Dj's really add much to a wedding? also as hes not very responsive at all it makes you wonder what hes going to be like on the day.

Comments

• frugalmacdugal
    frugalmacdugal Posts: 10,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,

put your own music on an ipod, use the venues sound system and blast it through it.
  • Scotsbride
    Scotsbride Posts: 960 Forumite
    Options
    cancel him and see whether you can borrow someones or the venues music system and put together songs that mean something to you.you could even ask the guests
    :kisses3: Married 29th September 2012:love:
  • Part_Mouse
    Part_Mouse Posts: 5,527 Forumite
    Options
    I don't have an ipod im afraid so would need to take my laptop, in a way i want a dj but this guy is totally useless.We won't really be speaking to many guests before the wedding now.such a lot to do and not much time now.

I do feel that if he isn't going to respond to me then why should i bother having him there.

xx
  • Turtle
    Turtle Posts: 999 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Cancel and use your own music. We went to a wedding recently and they had a live band. When the band was finished we had music from an ipod / laptop and it was brilliant, the dance floor was full all night.
  • Labsettings
    Options
    Either use your own music or get another DJ recommended from a friend if you don't have the time to make a playlist. You'll probably feel uncomfortable with this DJ all night if you keep him.
  • Part_Mouse
    Options
    We've just cancelled the DJ, now to get on with sorting the music, just got another thing to sort out hey ho. The hotel said let me chase him, i said don't bother its to little to late.
  • RainbowDrops
    RainbowDrops Posts: 4,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    A good DJ really adds to a wedding - they can gauge the crowd & keep the party going.
    Do you have a friend who could help? At this short notice & the fact that you're under the weather it might help if someone else can sort this.
  • Part_Mouse
    Options
    Unfortunatly there's knowone that can help, i really wanted a Dj and am gutted we had to cancel but they guys a joke :(
  • PinkPrincess83
    Options
    Have you tried going through the yellow pages/ google for your area- I would call every dj I can and see if one is free- you never know, you may be lucky and find one.
  • Part_Mouse
    Options
    Have you tried going through the yellow pages/ google for your area- I would call every dj I can and see if one is free- you never know, you may be lucky and find one.

Were so short of time and still have a fair bit to do, oh is fed up with it all as i am. Iv'e planned the wedding myself in only 10 weeks and had so many probs with it all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure