Janineh1982 MFW Chapter Begins :)

Comments

• ammonite wrote: »
    Voicing displeasure one or twice, letting them think about it and then not banging on about it seems to work. If I nagged and said "no" I'd get told where to go and I'm sure Mr A would do it just to prove that he could. This way, he thinks about it, realises I'm probably right and thinks he'll be in my good books if he comes up with a solution :rofl: Its like PS3 games, he loves to buy them when they come out...I've said a few times "why dont you wait a few months as they are often half the price"....anyway after many years of him buying them on release day he's suddenly realised if he waits a few months they are half price. *cue shaking head smilie*

)

Think DB is v similar to MR A, the more I push the more he' ll resist :cool:

Will have a look at surveys over the next week whilst DB is away, need to find a balance of ones I will actually do and that pay ok to make it worthwhile...
    April 14 Deposit Target: [STRIKE]£31,660[/STRIKE] £35038/67,620 -[STRIKE] 46.82%[/STRIKE] 51.81% (£15582 to save + £17k from car sale)
    2014 - Buy (hopefully) the 'Forever' Home :T
    2024 - Be MF :eek:
    Remember: "Live a good life. In the end it's not the years in the life, it's life in the years" - Abe Lincoln
  • LauraWxx
    LauraWxx Posts: 565 Forumite
    Hope all is well Janine, just popping by to say hi!!
    Hope you are enjoying the peach whilst the other half is away!!
    2019 Totals: Savings: £929.53 / Mortgage OP - £746.32

Grocery challange April: £130.17of £500 target remaining
  • LauraJo
    LauraJo Posts: 1,041 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi, great diary. Looks like u doing really well (I think we have the same sort of manic goals - I have £118k by June 2014!!)
    Just one quick question....do u have a credit card for work that gives you cash back? I have an MBN$ one that gives you 2 cards American Express & a V1sa so they are accepted pretty much everywhere. I gets enuf cash back to buy a few xmas pressies by the end of the yr...
    Will follow u with interest!
    Mortgage starting balance 2011 ... £170k today £1.5k
    Savings: £3k
    Aim: 100k by Dec 2021
  • So, i thought i'd better update seeing as i've been MIA for most of October :o

October Highlights:
    • Had a fabulous holiday in St Lucia :D
    • Turned 30 :p
    • Now engaged :eek:
    • Savings still going well, will update signature soon. And i have to admit, although i wasn't as penny pinching whilst on holiday or weeks surrounding my b'day :cool: but i'm now firmly back on track :T
    J x
    April 14 Deposit Target: [STRIKE]£31,660[/STRIKE] £35038/67,620 -[STRIKE] 46.82%[/STRIKE] 51.81% (£15582 to save + £17k from car sale)
    Remember: "Live a good life. In the end it's not the years in the life, it's life in the years" - Abe Lincoln
  • LauraJo wrote: »
    Hi, great diary. Looks like u doing really well (I think we have the same sort of manic goals - I have £118k by June 2014!!)
    Just one quick question....do u have a credit card for work that gives you cash back? I have an MBN$ one that gives you 2 cards American Express & a V1sa so they are accepted pretty much everywhere. I gets enuf cash back to buy a few xmas pressies by the end of the yr...
    Will follow u with interest!

Thanks LauraJo - yowwzaa to the £118k by June 2014!! Definitely as manic/mad i think :rotfl: Good luck :D
    Not sure i've seen your diary, but i'll keep my eye's peeled
  • LauraWxx wrote: »
    Hope all is well Janine, just popping by to say hi!!
    Hope you are enjoying the peach whilst the other half is away!!

Hello!!!! Thanks for the 'pop' :p- it's been a manic manic month, despite the jolliday, need to catch up on everyone else's and update my own properly! :D
  • Froggy-G
    Froggy-G Posts: 2,145 Forumite
    Congrats on your engagement Janine!! :j:j:j
    Froggy's New Lillypad Fund
    Total so far: £ 10,009.77
  • Froggy-G wrote: »
    Congrats on your engagement Janine!! :j:j:j

TY Froggy - it was most unexpected to say the least AND he bought a ring, which i looooove (i am really picky, so it was VERY brave of him to buy one!)

I did have a devil of a time however, torn between being really pleased he'd bought a ring (which he put loads of effort tracking one down for me ((I like antique rings))) and being very annoyed he'd spent SOOO much money on it, when we are saving for a deposit :rotfl:

In the end, i of course put the annoyance to one side and decdided to be happy instead :D
  • LauraWxx
    LauraWxx Posts: 565 Forumite
    [*]Now engaged :eek:

:j:j:j:j:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::T:T:T:T:T
    Congratulations!!!!
    xx
    2019 Totals: Savings: £929.53 / Mortgage OP - £746.32

Grocery challange April: £130.17of £500 target remaining
  • Lovely weekend :j - shame it's Monday though! :(

Ho hum...

I went a little over budget @ the weekend :A by going to the Cinema to watch Skyfall :p. For Daniel Craig though, my budget was a sacrifice i was willing to make :rotfl:

However November will soon be upon us :eek: (and therefore payday on Wed :T) - so firmly back on the wagon i must go :D

I have my xmas list at the ready currently (not mine, but people to buy for and what to buy them) - i reckon i am almost 2/3rd's complete - ALL online so far :) - i think i may pop to meadowhall tonight and get the final bits + cards and wrapping paper, then it's sorted :beer:
    I must add, never in my life have i been this organised with Xmas before! I am OCD with organising pretty much everything in my life, except Christmas, which i always seem to have the ostrich impression when the time comes around and end up doing a lastiminute.com, which is very stressful.
    This year however i vowed (as i do every year) to be orangised and have it bought and wrapped by Mid November :eek: ....So hopefully, i may have it sorted before the end of Oct at this rate :T:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure