Live!

Options
Here you go guys.

If someone wants to reply to this thread with some text outlining what this board is and what it's purpose is from your point of view, I'll add in some MSE padding and make it a formal sticky for other users.

Then I'll kill this thread..

Follow @MSE_Forum on twitter
Join the MSE Forum
New forum user? Watch our New to the Forum? Youtube guide
Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• jaibaby
    jaibaby Posts: 4,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I would think it would be the place to go if anyone had questions about competitions - whether they need help chasing a prize, help entering (which could include registering or logging in problems), maybe a thread for referring people?

That way the "I won I won I won" board and the comps board could be kept clear and used for what they are intended to be used for (or at least trying to be!)

That's my opinion anyway :) xx
    Thanks to all posters :A
  • LadyMorticia
    LadyMorticia Posts: 19,899 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    jaibaby wrote: »
    I would think it would be the place to go if anyone had questions about competitions - whether they need help chasing a prize, help entering (which could include registering or logging in problems), maybe a thread for referring people?

That way the "I won I won I won" board and the comps board could be kept clear and used for what they are intended to be used for (or at least trying to be!)

That's my opinion anyway :) xx

I agree and maybe it could be the place where the threads that are about how many comps people enter a day etc could go too?
    2019 Wins
    1/25

£2019 in 2019
    £10/£2019
  • Blulu
    Blulu Posts: 7,666 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Here you go guys.

If someone wants to reply to this thread with some text outlining what this board is and what it's purpose is from your point of view, I'll add in some MSE padding and make it a formal sticky for other users.

Thank you again loads for this. As Jaibaby & Lady M say, it's really a catch-all thread for anything that doesn't obviously 'fit' elsewhere. For questions, info, tips, discussion and chat. On-topic and off-topic points are welcome.

And would it be ok to have a spam button there if/when the tech team have a mo? Sadly, our shiny new sub-board has already been spammed :(
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I'm not scared to be seen
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
  • LadyMorticia
    LadyMorticia Posts: 19,899 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Blulu wrote: »

Thank you again loads for this. As Jaibaby & Lady M say, it's really a catch-all thread for anything that doesn't obviously 'fit' elsewhere. For questions, info, tips, discussion and chat. On-topic and off-topic points are welcome.

And would it be ok to have a spam button there if/when the tech team have a mo? Sadly, our shiny new sub-board has already been spammed :(

I agree with a spam button!

Already had to report a spam thread so a spam button would be a nice addition.
    2019 Wins
    1/25

£2019 in 2019
    £10/£2019
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks to the forumteam :T

I've moved a few threads over from IWIWIW so that board can be kept for wins only and the Compers Inn which can be kept for off topic chat :)
    As we now have a whole board for Comping discussions I don't think we need the Competitions Discussion Thread, which will make the main board less cluttered at the top :)
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Mamzie
    Mamzie Posts: 2,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Huge thanks again for listening to us, and responding with a decision so quickly. I will just copy and paste the description I posted on the Site Feedback thread about a discussion area, hope thats ok, xxx

"take a seat, heres the board to chat about comps, post hints and tips, ask questions galore and relax after a hard days comping"
    Mamzie wrote: »
    That would be fantastic, thank you so much for listening. I have to confess I have always called it Compers Chat Corner, (kinda - take a seat, heres the board to chat about comps, post hints and tips, ask questions galore and relax after a hard days comping) when I've posted about it in the past, but would be happy with whatever name, just really excited that this may actually be possible, xxxxx
    My light may be on, but that doesn't always mean I am looking at the PC - I am far more likely to be cuddling or feeding Tianna atm, so please don't think I am ignoring you if I don't reply quickly :)

Our Precious Baby Tianna has now joined our Family, she is much loved and very welcome, xxx
  • emiai
    emiai Posts: 1,253 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Combo Breaker
    edited 26 August 2012 at 11:23PM
    Options
    Brilliant addition to the board, great place for people to chat about competition issues they may be having, that can sometimes get lost within the bigger discussion thread.

A spam button would be good, just incase there is anyone who posts something that shouldn't be here.

Love this area of the forum xx Wahoo ;)
    Wishing you all good luck!
    Oldstyle moneysaving addict
  • OneYorkshireLass
    Options
    Are people thinking this is a general discussion board? Maybe calling it 'General Comps Discussion' or 'Competition Discussion' or something like that would make it clearer, especially for newbies.
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,856 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    hi, but wasn't the new board also for chat, questions, information etc involving the comps, as blulu says

# 2
    Blulu
    post_old.gif Today, 7:38 AM

maybe to add this on the heading for the new one might be a easier way for newbies to know it's for comps questions etc ?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=55415967#post55415967

x
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,856 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 27 August 2012 at 9:57AM
    Options
    or mamzie's idea sounds spot on to me

Compers Chat Corner :T:T

# 8
    Mamzie
    post_old.gif 23-08-2012, 1:04 PM

or
    Questions and Chat area for Comps

please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure