We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Should neighbour have come through my side of wall?

Options

Comments

• cyclonebri1
    cyclonebri1 Posts: 12,827 Forumite
    Options
    With no disrespect to you or anyone, I think he was raising 2 fingers to you when he painted his property black:eek:, says it all to be honest.
    I like the thanks button, but ,please, an I agree button.

Will the grammar and spelling police respect I do make grammatical errors, and have carp spelling, no need to remind me.;)

Always expect the unexpected:eek:and then you won't be dissapointed
  • tesuhoha
    tesuhoha Posts: 17,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    It looks extremely messy. The other thing of course is that at some time someone might consider stealing that copper pipe for its scrap value.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• TomsMom
    TomsMom Posts: 4,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    With no disrespect to you or anyone, I think he was raising 2 fingers to you when he painted his property black:eek:, says it all to be honest.

Unfortunately I can't blame that on him, not sure who did it or when. It's a shame because the stone cottages are really quite nice and fit in well with the surrounding properties (3 other stone ones within our small lane of 6 properties in total). The other side of the property is rendered. Mine was originally a very small stone cottage but previous owners have added extensions so all the extensions are rendered, just leaving the original stone bits showing.
    tesuhoha wrote: »
    It looks extremely messy. The other thing of course is that at some time someone might consider stealing that copper pipe for its scrap value.

Oh dear............... :D
  • System
    System Posts: 178,107 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hijack your thread Tomsmum, but unfortunately I did click on your original picture and yes, !!!!!! pop upo on my screen :-(
    I have closed the pop up pic, but do I need to take further action to prevent it recurring? I will post this on Techie board too! Sorry if it bothers anyone, but I have young children at home and have not dealt with this sort of thing before.
    Grateful for any advice as always.
    Linda
  • TomsMom
    Options
    Sorry to hijack your thread Tomsmum, but unfortunately I did click on your original picture and yes, !!!!!! pop upo on my screen :-(
    I have closed the pop up pic, but do I need to take further action to prevent it recurring? I will post this on Techie board too! Sorry if it bothers anyone, but I have young children at home and have not dealt with this sort of thing before.
    Grateful for any advice as always.
    Linda

Hi Linda

Looks like some of us have pop up blockers that are preventing this and some not. I will go and remove those photos from the original post so it wont happen again. I take it you mean the first lot of photos and not the second lot? If it's the second lot I will remove those too.
  • System
    Options
    Yes, I clicked on the first lot of photos, (the bigger images)
    I do have a pop-up blocker and it's always on, so I don't know how this cheeky one got through!
    Linda
  • TomsMom
    Options
    Yes, I clicked on the first lot of photos, (the bigger images)
    I do have a pop-up blocker and it's always on, so I don't know how this cheeky one got through!
    Linda

Probably just a case of they deal with some and not others, a bit like anti-virus software, some's better than others! I've removed the pics from that post now. I'd never used that image hosting site before but my usual one wasn't playing ball that day unfortunately.
  • System
    Options
    Seems to be fixed now :-)
    Linda
  • Queenriderbrekke
    Queenriderbrekke Posts: 5,592 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 30 August 2012 at 7:27PM
    Options
    Who me ? oh alright then as you asked so nicely,

well where do i start, the 15mm prv pipe should be turned back against the wall or terminate at ground level not at an angle like that floating about in mid air, the soldering on the gas pipe looks like a three yr old did it terrible, the sleeving on the gas pipe is 32mm plastic nothing wrong in using that i do it all the time however it should be sealed at one end which may have been done internally but prob not looking at that mess, the other pastic pipe with the push fit elbows could either be the condense or the basin waste i'm not sure which but KS is correct if it is the condense then it should have solvent weld fittings not pushfit a very very amateur job, i can see another waste pipe in there too half way in the wall i wonder what that is ?, just looking at the thickness of his front wall i guess he could have started close to the internal wall & by the time it got outside it was on yours.

all in all not a very tiddly job eh KS

Sorry, but hubby is a plumber and says that there is nothing wrong with running gas pipes on an external wall, but[STRIKE] when passing through a cavity wall it should be sleeved in a copper pipe one
    size larger than the diameter of the pipe carrying the gas to ensure that any
    leakage of gas cannot enter the cavity and cause a build up of gas, plastic
    waste pipe is not suitable for this useage as it is permeable[/STRIKE]:)

Apologies as my post above does not appear to be correct, poly pipe is acceptable now a days as has been pointed out to me, hubby has obviously been out of the gas trade for too long (Just does bathrooms now) as it appears things have changed since he was CORGIed many years ago! Oh well at least it was an error on the safe side rather than dangerous!
    "Sealed Pot challenge" member No. 138

2012 £ 3147.74 2013 £1437.532014 £ 2356.52
  • TomsMom
    Options
    Quick update after seeing solicitor today.

Solicitor "thinks" the wall is mine from the photos I supplied him, seeing as my property is two storeys higher then the upper part of the wall should, in his opinion, definitely be mine.

b7dp1t.jpg

Of course, that doesn't prove the lower part is mine. He would like to find out if my property was built first and the cottage built on afterwards but as this goes back to the early 1800s this might not be possible.

We have put a cost ceiling on at the moment, solicitor will write to Mr R. Sole with the first of three options, that being he removes the pipes from the wall. If he doesn't agree to this then we think the next best option is that he agrees that the wall is mine and provides some kind of boxing in over the drain to pretty it up.

Another question, if anyone has any ideas. Mr R. Sole is proposing to put a barbecue underneath my small side kitchen window. If you look at the picture it will be situated at right angles to the right hand window painted blue (my kitchen window is on the same level as the cottage's upstairs bedroom window). The neighbour the other side seems to think putting a barbecue beneath a window is not allowed. Any ideas, I've tried googling but haven't come up with anything. I'll repost as a new thread if no-one has any ideas.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport