2 FOR 1 London days out loophole

Comments

• buzwad
    buzwad Posts: 12 Forumite
    Having complained to Ken, the website has been updated. However, Big Brother is telling me that I have no right to complain as the website is NOW correct! Fortunately I printed the webpage off on the day that I went - have to see what they say to that evidence! :-p
  • The london guide offers money off santa land at earls court. it you book direct with santa land and also reserve your ticket to avoid disappointment you only pay £17 child 22.50 Adult anyway so it is not cheaper with london guide at all.

If anyone can come up with any christmas days our bargains for lone parents that would be great.
  • re: Santa Land

I saw the Santa Land ad too - however the cost is staggering even with money off. I took my kid to Harrods last year - there is no charge to see Father Christmas and you even get a book (quite a good book too - a Percy the Park Keeper one by Nick Butterworth) .

You only pay if you want the photo of Father Christmas - my kid (he was under 2) took one look at Father Christmas and turned tail so i have no idea how much the photo costs - he did accept the book off Santas helper

They even throw in free biscuits and drinks whilst you get the guided tour round santas grotto.

I went on a week day fairly early in the season though - otherwise queues would be horrendous.
  • Thanks, we go to Harrods every year. Santa is so realistic and as you say they give a free book every year. The book varies each year and they also get a dated badge free. whilst in line you get free shortbread men and lollypops. baskets of free bottles of water are also given out regualarly. photos are about a fiver but a lovely reminder of your kids childhood.
  • mcallister1
    mcallister1 Posts: 2,198 Forumite
    Last year we went to Tussauds with a 2 for 1 voucher. I also was using nectar vouchers to pay for one person, and to my surprise they gave me 2 for 1 on the nectar voucher ones as well. I ended up taking home half my vouchers. It is an expensive day out on full price, but this made it reasonable. :j
    However, I don't know if it was just the man who served me, or a policy- and it is a very long queue if you have to wait in it to find out... but worth a try.
  • Well ive just printed lots of 2 for 1 tickets off as my boyfriend is taking me for my birthday later this month all i need now is some discount train travel and i will be very happy, well my boyfriend will hes paying....
    :dance: :dance: :dance:
  • maggiem
    maggiem Posts: 1,634 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    We recently travelled to London and stayed overnight (DH was working in London so nice treat). I bought a Family Railcard for £20 and the cost for the return tickets was the same - £46 as if I had just bought two return tickets. DS is 15 but you can buy the family railcard if he is not yet 16 - and I think renew it as long as a child is 15 at that time. At the station I picked up a 2 for 1 brochure (Southampton Airport) and booked a meal at Navaho Joes - no-one asked to see the rail ticket and I just handed in the voucher - got one free main course which was worth it! Think the vouchers were valid for some time in May - may be worth visiting a rail station to see if they have the brochure! Good Luck
  • 2-for 1 ticket offer for LADOLCEVITA- the Italian festival in London- Olympia 16-19th March 2006. When booking online at https://www.ladolcevitaevent.co.uk quote BERTOLLI when asked for promotion code. adults £15 child £8 offer applies where the 2 tickets are the same price.
    "the ultimate event showcasing the very best of all things Italian food, wine, property, travel and culture"
    Don't know anything about it but hope this saves you some money if you were thinking of going!
  • 2003BHOY
    2003BHOY Posts: 21 Forumite
    Hi there, I'm coming down to London on the weekend of the 23rd to the 27th and am looking for 2for1 deals for myself, the wife and 2 kids. We are looking at taking in The Lion King, Madame Tussauds, Science Museum, London Eye, St Pauls and a few others.
    I've tried to get into the http://www.london2for1.com/ site but I am getting no joy. Can anyone tell me if the site is now closed and where I can get good deals for the family?
  • whitty999
    whitty999 Posts: 4,024 Forumite
    hi,You could try www.daysoutwiththekids.co.uk they have lots of discount vouchers,Also join kitkash enter all the free codes that are on the site and they have special deals there also.
    Have a great day.
    Lucky No27
    .D.E.F..H..J.K.L.M.N.O.P.Q.R..U..X.Y.Z
    V,T,B,S,A,C,I,G,W
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business