🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Butti's Journey: A matter of loaf and death

Options

Comments

• boredofbeingathome
    Options
    Congratulations Butti. :D
    Blackadder: Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words 'I have a cunning plan' marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?
    Still lurking around with a hope of some salvation:cool:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,736 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    So pleased for you :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 12,731 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    A sigh of collective relief from everyone I think Butti! You did it, kept your head above water while paddling madly and you are finally here - I shall raise a glass in your honour later (just as soon as I've written another 500 or so words:o) :D

I honestly couldn't be happier for you x
    Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Aug 28/Current Aug  35

Mortgage OP 2024 £2400/7000

Mortgage balance: £52212

Make £100 extra a month: June £0

• Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Excellent news! :j (cracks open a bottle of Rioja and passes a LARGE glass to Butti and everyone else)
    Must use my stash up!
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Yay! I'm raising a glass for you as I type. :j

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 87% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,736 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I'm drinking diet coke to celebrate Butti.
    We can have a proper drink to celebrate when we are in the Burgh.
    I shall count up my change jar :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Knit_Witch wrote: »
    Excellent news! :j (cracks open a bottle of Rioja and passes a LARGE glass to Butti and everyone else)

That will be my second KW. Make sure you don't spill on the keyboard!
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    I'm drinking diet coke to celebrate Butti.
    We can have a proper drink to celebrate when we are in the Burgh.
    I shall count up my change jar :rotfl:

I shall buy Beanie...you've been such a great support to me. I'm booking my flight or maybe train tomorrow!
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    Butti wrote: »
    :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j

I'm sure I can see a message to Satan in that lot.

Or is it Santa? Bit blurry TBH...
    So as you'll have gathered it went well.
    I got my stuff (what I could! Slight issue with bedding!)

It didn't want to come?
    in a very small Toyota Yaris by about 8.15am, the removal men turned up at 8.30am and had all the stuff out and packed by 9.20am.

Driving to the estate agents he called me and said the money had gone in, dropped the keys off (ran into a friend I worked with about 8 years ago!)

Were they hurt?
    and drove down with a VERY full car, conscious of the fact that if I braked hard I was likely to be partially decapitated

How can you be partially decapitated?
    by a very nice Ikea lighthouse print :eek:

Oh art! High brow decapitation. I see now.
    Can't decide whether to go home and doze on a bottle of red or go out with friends to see Gravity, in which case I should only have a glass and about now.

Go out - be a devil.
    Tomorrow is a busy day;

Go to HSBC and have a look at the state of play.

You'll be fainting with relief.
    Pay a couple of people off and line up others that need to be paid.

Sounds a bit Godfatherish... :eek:
    Can I just say that I have REALLY REALLY appreciated the support I have got on here. There are a few people (now you'll all think I'm talking about you - one of you KNOWS I am talking about you!) who have gone above and beyond and really have kept the wheels on. There's been some really dark days in the past three years

:grouphug:
    but you can get through with the support of your friends and I don't think I would be here without it.

You can count on people. Don't ever let it get bad again... :naughty:
    Anyway enough morbidity...I have a glass of wine to drink!
    Shall report back tomorrow.

Enjoy your wine! :rudolf:
    A sigh of collective relief from everyone I think Butti! You did it, kept your head above water while paddling madly and you are finally here - I shall raise a glass in your honour later (just as soon as I've written another 500 or so words:o) :D

Gotta get them out sans vino... ;)
    I shall buy Beanie...you've been such a great support to me.

Yeh! Me too also - let's get Beanie pished! ;)
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • MatyMoo
    MatyMoo Posts: 3,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Phew :T You made it :beer:

Very well done Butti :j

:j:T:j:T:beer::j:T:j:T:j:T:j:T:beer::j:T:j:T:j:T:j:T:beer::j:T:j:T:j:T:j:T:beer::j:T:j:T:j:T:j:T:beer::j:T:j:T:j:T:j:T:beer::j:T:j:T:j:T:j:T:beer::j:T:j:T
    :j Proud Member of Mike's Mob :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family