Butti's Journey: A matter of loaf and death

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,495 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Best of Scottish with the curry.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    Butti wrote: »
    Food bought for an NSD tomorrow. Going to make Banana, tea and chickpea curry tonight. Wish me luck!

Sounds like a Flatulence Event waiting to happen...
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Very nice....surprisingly nice and I haven't farted.........................YET
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • Butti
    Options
    Someone at work asked what my curry was after saying it smelled nice. You should have seen the look on their face when I told them!

Feeling a bit depressed and pointless at work. We seem to be inventing procedures to make it harder to do the job, a lot harder...and pretty impossible given my inability to turn back time. Think I'm going to talk to my boss about it on Wednesday. I shall demonstrate with the one form I used to set up payment with, the five step process I have now been given and a picture of Mystic Meg to demonstrate my knowledge of CPI/RPI/which method we will be using for the next five years.

Sigh!!!
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • ZTD
    Options
    Someone at work asked what my curry was after saying it smelled nice. You should have seen the look on their face when I told them!

You should have said it was a sprouts curry - that would have sent them shrieking away...
    Feeling a bit depressed and pointless at work. We seem to be inventing procedures to make it harder to do the job,

Yes, that's the cycle of it. Invent stupid things to make people feel important, then have a bonfire of the red tape later when it gets too stupid.
    a lot harder...and pretty impossible given my inability to turn back time. Think I'm going to talk to my boss about it on Wednesday. I shall demonstrate with the one form I used to set up payment with, the five step process I have now been given and a picture of Mystic Meg to demonstrate my knowledge of CPI/RPI/which method we will be using for the next five years.

They're not asking you to predict inflation are they?
    Sigh!!!

Oh yes. For extra bonus points, see how many times the written procedure is deviated from because the accountants are clearly making it up as they go along.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Butti
    Options
    ZTD wrote: »

They're not asking you to predict inflation are they?

g.[/QUOTE

Actually I think they are!!!!!
    48% off mortgage

• Butti
    Options
    Tax disc stolen:mad:
    48% off mortgage

• skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 12,688 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    From the car or in the post Butti? can you get a free replacement or is there a charge?
    Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Aug 28/Current Aug  35

Mortgage OP 2024 £2350/7000

Mortgage balance: £52262

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,495 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    :eek: :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ZTD
    Options
    Actually I think they are!!!!!

:rotfl:

Typical risk-averse pettifogging bureaucrat. You probably dump more economics knowledge during your morning constitutional than he's ever possessed. :doh:

You can't predict inflation, especially over that sort of time span. It's a political number to start off with, and then there's the interaction with bank credit on top of it, which has a further interaction with politics and the economy on top of that.

Even the BoE can't (possibly won't) predict it accurately - here's quite an amusing (albeit ageing) rant about it...
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport