Homebase online = Argos...

I suspected it was on the cards, but checking the Homebase website today, I notice it looks very similar to the Argos site.

Looks like Home Delivery only (retailer is Homebase, but Argos fulfilling order), but you can earn Homebase Spend and Save rewards on purchases.

So effectively 1% off!

Not sure if there are any differences between the two sites in terms of stock / available or prices though.

HTH - Rufus.

Replies

• heatherw_01heatherw_01 Forumite, Board Guide
    6.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw this other other day. I was very disapointed with the range too as they didn' have half of what they would have in store and it was nearly all the same items that you can get at Argos.
    I'm the Board Guide on Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • idvidv Forumite
    35 Posts
    Rufus

You are correct, I noticed this some time ago. If you look at their lighting department for example there are the same products and their garden furniture range is also the same

E.G

Argos Example

Homebase Example
  • shabanishabani Forumite
    81 Posts
    You are definitely right. Homebase and Argos are selling the same stuff as they are both owned by GUS plc. However Homebase only have a limited range on their website as it is still under development.They are trying to mirror the Argos website as most of the stuff you buy on the homebase website is coming from Argos depots and delivered by Argos.
    However their prices still differ and they are trying to make a distinction on their products like garden furniture. Basicaly their garden furniture range is the same with the slightest variations.
  • well it says on the homebase page
    "Savings compared to prices charged on the Argos website, the higher price having been charged on the Argos website for a period of 28 days in the previous 6 months. Our exclusive online offer does not necessarily reflect that of our stores. Please refer to our Pricing Policy for more information."
  • Katie_BellKatie_Bell Forumite
    295 Posts
    RufusA wrote:
    you can earn Homebase Spend and Save rewards on purchases.

So effectively 1% off!

Having worked at Homebase, I can tell you its not 1% back in vouchers, its a minimum of 2% but can be up to 10% back. I guess thats a bargain, shame I don't work there anymore.
  • student100student100 Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Shopping cart page says:

Homebase Limited are responsible for your order but as part of the Argos Retail Group, your order may be fulfilled by Argos Limited (trading as Argos Direct). This does not affect your statutory rights.
    student100 hasn't been a student since 2007...
  • tagztagz Forumite
    690 Posts
    I wanted a shower enclosure and noticed that the same item was on both sites. However it was during the Argos £5/£10 voucher promotion, so by buying it from Argos I got a £10 voucher plus free delivery (I would have had to pay for delivery from Homebase)!
    I would if I could but I can't so I won't!
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND GUIDES