Tax credit helpline...avoiding the 0345 number

Options
1235»

Comments

• Al1x
    Al1x Posts: 1,653 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do they actually answer their phone? Been on hold for 20 minutes. Luckily it comes out of my free minutes.

Might be easier writing a letter as at least they can't get it wrong and missunderstand me.. hopefully.

Do they process letters quite quickly?
  • openwater
    Options
    Hi, I'm a total newbie (1st post) and was wondering if anyone knew if you could request to be refunded for 0345 calls to HMRC Tax Credit line?
    I know this might sound like a daft question but having spent 2hrs 4mins (no, REALLY) - and still on hold as I type this I'm more than a bit concerned my BT bill for this call is going to be horrendous as i don't have any special call plan with them.
    I should mention (for anyone thinking I must be crazy) that I had been informed by the Wife 0345 numbers were low-cost from landlines. When I was reaching the 2 hr mark I Googled it, found this thread, registered and wrote this post - and am still on hold :mad: They MUST be gonna answer anytime now surely?????
    So, does anyone know if you can claim back? (please someone shine a light and say yes!)
  • keaton
    keaton Posts: 183 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to bump a old thread, but I've tried ringing up twice today, waiting to get the phone answered for nearly a hour.

As the help centre is open on Saturdays and until 8pm I thought it'd be free as it's a 03 number, so I rang up sky to double check (I'm on the evening and weekend plan) but the lady at sky says it's not a free call at anytime as it's a 0345 number and it's not geographical, unless I upgrade to the sky anytime plan, is this correct?
    Chances are I'm in this thread asking questions as I love to learn new stuff. (Did you know all polar bears are left handed?)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure