Tax credit helpline...avoiding the 0345 number

Options

Comments

• Horseunderwater
    Horseunderwater Posts: 3,406 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Fill out the form and send that in. I would not write them a letter - just use their renewal form.
  • Skint125
    Options
    MoneySaving Newbie

01355 359007
    Try this then +44 1355 359007, It worked fine for me.
    I tried this number and got through straight away
  • Look_again
    Options
    I hate paying for such calls as I already pay extra for 24/7 free calls to landlines so it's like paying twice
    The government should be ashamed of itself for making money from the phone calls of those who are scraping to get by :mad:

You can avoid a lot of such charges by getting an alternative land line from saynoto0870.com They're not just for 0870 numbers but any premium number and it's free to use the website :)

For 0345 300 3900 they give 0191 206 1385 as an alternative.
    I've just tried that number and after a 10 minute wait the call was answered :T
  • poppasmurf_bewdley
    Options
    There is no difference in the price to call an 0345 or an 0191 number. Both are the same either from a landline or a mobile. If you have free minutes, then you can call an 03 number for free, just like an 01 or 02 number.
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • Darenvee
    Options
    I'm disgusted, I've made 2 calls to them, most of which I was on hold and this has cost me £4.95 for 56 minutes and £2.33 for 25 minutes, most of which is on hold. I was even put on hold for 20 minutes partway through my call!
  • Horseunderwater
    Options
    So get a landline number package that gives you up to 1 hour to make these calls. I have one with BT for £5.15/month and it has saved me loads of dosh since I had it. http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/phones/2013/08/how-much-do-08-numbers-really-cost-dont-get-fleeced-by-premium-rate-calls?utm_source=MSE_Newsletter&utm_medium=oneliner-one&utm_term=20-Aug-13&utm_campaign=news&utm_content=4 and yes it does work on 0345 numbers too!
  • I'm currently on hold and have had the time to register on this forum and am still waiting
  • Still on hold, spoken to no one.... 45 mins
  • poppasmurf_bewdley
    Options
    You can ask them to ring you back, and they will do. But as others have said, get a package that gives free minutes.
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • StaplerUk
    Options
    Sorry to drag up and old thread, Can anyone confirm at all if the 0345 helpline number is actually free with Sky's anytime call plan.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport