Tax credit helpline...avoiding the 0345 number

Options

Comments

• poppasmurf_bewdley
    Options
    StaplerUk wrote: »
    Sorry to drag up and old thread, Can anyone confirm at all if the 0345 helpline number is actually free with Sky's anytime call plan.

Thanks

All 01, 02 and 03 numbers are classed in a similar way, and what applies to one applies to the others.
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • StaplerUk
    Options
    Yes i knew that but there were so many conflicting posts here i just wanted to be double sure.
  • BOBS
    BOBS Posts: 2,871 Forumite
    Options
    Skint125 wrote: »
    MoneySaving Newbie

01355 359007
    Try this then +44 1355 359007, It worked fine for me.
    I tried this number and got through straight away

bumping this to the top as I got straight through - fantastic!! :)
    [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][/FONT]
  • nettles
    nettles Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    guess I will pay through the nose - 76 minutes I waited before I spoke to someone - 98 minutes in total my call lasted :mad: _pale_
  • Mummymummy
    Mummymummy Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    I've always written to tax credits with any changes and renewed by post or online I don't understand why others don't do this saves so much time
  • jyh
    jyh Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    the 0345 no kept me on hold for 40 min. gave up and tried 01355 359007 and immediately got through. Was told he would take my call for this once and in future I should not use this no. again as this is for overseas calls. Told him nobody answers the 0345 line and he couldn't care less. Guess in future I will have to ring the tax credit line while I am on holiday abroad.
  • Spendaholic_Chick
    Options
    I just used the 0191 469 1630 no and got straight through - whole call only took four minutes!
    :D GOD BLESS DURAN DURAN :D
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no 293 Proud to be dealing with my debts
    March NSD 5/10 March Make £5 Day £99.28/£155
  • StrugglingYouth
    Options
    Quick update on my experience:

Both the numbers shown in the above two posts appear to be overseas helplines. 0191 told me to phone the 0345 number.

The 01355 did help me, but grudgingly.
    Sealed Pot Challenge:
    2014 = £202
    2015 = £382
  • JaneDoeJohnDoe
    Options
    jyh wrote: »
    the 0345 no kept me on hold for 40 min. gave up and tried 01355 359007 and immediately got through. Was told he would take my call for this once and in future I should not use this no. again as this is for overseas calls. Told him nobody answers the 0345 line and he couldn't care less. Guess in future I will have to ring the tax credit line while I am on holiday abroad.

If you withheld your number first (141 from BT landline) & then rung up the geographic number would they actually know you were in UK.:D You can always say you are on holiday too. Though don't say that if you are on JSA! :eek::eek:
  • amazine
    amazine Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Nothings changed, I rang the 0345 number 3 times this week and never got to speak to anyone, just listened to a load of recorded messages and then nothing. Cost me £3.60 and I ended up having to write a letter. Total waste of space. Why dont they offer email or just say write as we wont answer your call.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure