CL Finance - default continually 6 months in arrears

Options

Comments

• Palookaville
    Options
    Reading this thread is very inspiring. I too have the same problem with CL Finance as I defaulted on an account with GE Money in 2006. I even still have the default letter.
    This was then passed to CL Finance. I finished paying my debt in full in January 2010 but I also now have the red sixes on my credit file.
    I also will be taking this up with them to get this removed.
  • Iwillresolvemydebt
    Options
    fermi wrote: »
    As previously stated, reporting a serious of 6's instead of a default when this does not correctly represent the account history is inaccurate.

Complain to CL finance and demand that they default the account at the correct point. By doing so it's likely that the account will fall off the record.

State that you will take the mater to the FOS if they do not correct, and follow that through if needed.

Hi, assuming you have "6"'s on your credit report for one year, by the sounds of it, this is wrong? In which case, at what point should the default be registered? I have never had a default notice for the account but many many sixes despite paying "an amount" each month. Should I have received such notice and at what point?

Many thanks in advance

Paul
  • kirstle99
    kirstle99 Posts: 471 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 13 May 2013 at 2:15PM
    Options
    Ooops wrong post...
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Reading this thread is very inspiring. I too have the same problem with CL Finance as I defaulted on an account with GE Money in 2006. I even still have the default letter.
    This was then passed to CL Finance. I finished paying my debt in full in January 2010 but I also now have the red sixes on my credit file.
    I also will be taking this up with them to get this removed.
    Was this one of the issues that you just got resolved on your other threads?
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Palookaville
    Palookaville Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    fermi wrote: »
    Was this one of the issues that you just got resolved on your other threads?

Yes Fermi :j
  • Palookaville
    Options
    CL Finance finally have removed 6 markers from my credit report. Infact they have now disappeared from my credit report. Had it in writing that they would but this action took them 28 days to actually do it.
  • fermi
    Options
    CL Finance finally have removed 6 markers from my credit report. Infact they have now disappeared from my credit report. Had it in writing that they would but this action took them 28 days to actually do it.

Great. Slow, but great all the same. :beer:
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

• Mystie
    Mystie Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Now I have a credit score, am I eligible to get a current account?
  • fermi
    Options
    Bump as couple of similar threads.

• cmssbrie
    Options
    Hi,

This is a great thread, and I think I am in the same boat here - but would really appreciate somebody verifying.

I went on a DMP in August 2008. I had a total of 8 x accounts (all now settled by the way) - and 6 of which went to 'Default' status. the other 2 (Natwest Loans and CL Finance) did not default according to my file, and I now see a whole load of '6's' on my credit file up until when I paid off the debts in full.

CL Finance show that I have a 'status 6' from November 2008 up until I finished paying off the debt (September 2011) where it then goes to 'Satisified'. (N.B All entries have a 'DM' reference underneath each 'Status 6').

Natwest show that I have a 'Status 6' from June 2009 up until when I paid it off in April 2012. Interestingly, there is a mixture of 'DM' and 'AR' under each entry too.

Could somebody verify if:

1) Both of these should have been classed as 'Defaults'
    2) If so, should they show as 'Defaults' from November 2008 for CL finance, and June 2009 for the NatWest one?

Thank you in advance - I can't tell you how useful this whole website is!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure