CL Finance - default continually 6 months in arrears

Replies

• fermifermi Forumite
    40.6K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good. Let us know what happens. :)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • It has been a week since I sent CL Finance a letter and I have not heard anything. The FOS wrote to them to and to me. The letter to me from FOS said that CL Finance should contact u in the next couple of days...but nothing. What now!
  • Should I also send the ICO my complaint and get the FOS and ICO involved?
  • fatbellyfatbelly Forumite
    17K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would. There's a link in post #21.
  • I phoned CL Finance they are going to remove bad credit history from my Credit Report. THANKS EVERYONE FOR UR HELP
  • fatbellyfatbelly Forumite
    17K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    samanthaJ wrote: »
    I phoned CL Finance they are going to remove bad credit history from my Credit Report. THANKS EVERYONE FOR UR HELP

Keep checking to make sure it's done!
  • Hi - I read this thread with interest as I have just discovered a similar issue on my credit file with Barclaycard/Link Financial.

In 2011 I ran into difficulties and defaulted on most of my credit accounts, including Barclaycard. They held the debt for a while, and issued me with a default notice in December 2011. They then sold the debt to IDR/Link Financial in March 2012. Straight away I received another default notice from IDR. I made token payments for a while and have been in a DMP through Step Change since November 2011. My payments are significantly lower than the previous, contracted 'minimum payment amounts'.

Despite receiving the default notices, both my equifax and experian files show a series of status '6' indicators to the present month rather than a default. It looks like they intend to carry this on indefinitely.

Before I send my complaint letters I would like to clarify one issue if possible. If a default notice has been issued (or, in this case 2 default notices from different companies) should the creditor report the default to the reference agencies or do they have discretion? I had thought that receipt of a default notice meant that a default was automatically issued on the credit files - most of my other creditors have done this within a few weeks of sending the notices.

Thanks
  • fatbelly wrote: »
    Keep checking to make sure it's done!

My credit file is back to normal.Thanks everyone.
  • starsky27starsky27 Forumite
    104 Posts
    I didn't realise my original thread was still going.

I'm glad it enabled other people to sort this issue out.

Longroadahead,

I'm afraid I can't give you a definite answer to your question but I would presume that the creditor would have to record it with credit agencies.
    If you don't get the answer here than I would start a separate thread.

Mark
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides